Thursday 8 March 2018

March 2018 Card Group Projects

These are the three cards the ladies made at our March card group meeting today.  After giving them an easy time in February I thought it was time I challenged them a bit - there's fancy folds, apertures, masking, heat embossing, watercolouring and the much dreaded Stamp-A-Ma-Jig!

The first card features the beautiful SU! 'Petal Palette' stamp set and an Elegant Eggplant and Wisteria Wonder colour combo.  The pretty border die cut was made using a die from the 'Petals & More' die set that matches the 'Petal Palette' stamp set.  I stamped the roses onto watercolour paper using VersaFine Onyx Black ink, sprinkled on clear embossing powder and heat set with a heat tool.  I used Old Olive and Elegant Eggplant inks and an aquapainter to colour the image and I then die cut the shape.


This photo shows the card open and you can see that I cut an aperture and frame using two 'Lots of Labels' dies.  I popped up the roses image with Dimensionals.


Here's the inside of the card.  I applied Wisteria Wonder ink to a white die cut label shape using a sponge.  I stamped the sentiment and dotty border, glued the label in place so it matched up with the aperture and added three silver sequins.


For the envelope I stamped the roses in Wisteria Wonder ink, cut part of the image out using a circle punch and layered it onto a larger Elegant Eggplant punched circle. 


Card two is a 5 1/4" square easel card made using the SU! 'Waterfront' stamp set (what a wonderful set!)  The colour combo is Crumb Cake, Tranquil Tide and Very Vanilla.  The mountains are Soft Suede (second and third generation stamping), the grass is Lemon Lime Twist, the water is Marina Mist, the trees are Tranquil Tide and the sun is Crushed Curry.  I stamped the mountains onto Post It Notes and fussy cut them so I had masks to use for stamping extra mountains and for the sun.  I stamped the front portion of the easel card with the 'Burlap' background stamp using Soft Suede ink.  I embossed a strip of Tranquil Tide CS with the 'Seaside' embossing folder and popped up the sentiment label to act as the stop for the easel.  I tied some jute twine around the embossed panel to finish the front.


I cut a Very Vanilla panel to go on the bottom of the card, stamped a strip of 'Burlap', added a line drawn with a Soft Suede marker and stamped the sentiment in Tranquil Tide ink.  


For the envelope flap there is a stamped scene cut out with circle punches.  Not sure what's got into me but that's two month's running I've included a card suitable for a male!


Card three is my CASEd version of this fab and fun card made by Wendy Lee - I couldn't resist it when I saw Wendy's card on Pinterest!  I've had the red and black dotty paper in my stash for years and it has escaped every one of my paper purges and I thought it was time to actually use it instead of just hoarding it!  I used the SU! 'Circle Layering' dies to cut out the aperture and frame.  The stamped and die cut label is popped up with Dimensionals.  I added red die cut dots to the label to finish off the front.


Here's what you see when the card is opened.  I mistakenly ordered the wood mount 'Party Panda' Sale-A-Bration set but that actually turned out well as I was running out of acrylic blocks!  Also, I needed to use my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to ensure perfectly placed pandas and I cut a square piece of vellum stamped with the pandas and I can store the sheet with the stamp set for future use!  I made a present for the second panda to stand on - just a scrap of Real Red CS with two lines drawn with a black marker and I added a bow using a die cut from the SU! 'Sweet Cake' set of dies.  I coloured the polka dots on the hat and the heart on the envelope using a Real Red marker.  Some of my panda eyes came out too black with no white visible so I punched 1/16" circles out, glued them in place and added black dots using a fine tipped black pen.  Yes, fiddly but worth it I think!  I used the same fine tipped pen to scribble a few lines on the envelope one of the pandas is holding.  I used a light grey alcohol marker on all the pandas to add just a bit of shading.


Here's what you see when the previous panel is lifted up.  I used the smaller balloon from the SU! 'Balloon Bouquet' punch to cut out the red balloon.


This photo shows how the card is made.  I scored an A4 piece of CS in half along the long side, scored in half along the short side and removed the top left panel.  So easy to create this nice little fun fold card!



Here's the envelope with that oh, so cute party hat panda!


Well, my ladies said this afternoon was challenging but they all managed to make all three cards - I knew they could do it 'cos they're superstars!  🌟🌟🌟 The pandas card was definitely the favourite, followed by the rosy aperture card - the scenic easel card did result in a few issues so that wasn't universally popular!

Supplies for rose cluster aperture card:
Stamps: SU! 'Petal Palette' set
CS: SU! Elegant Eggplant, Wisteria Wonder & Whisper White, watercolour paper
Ink: SU! Elegant Eggplant & Wisteria Wonder, VersaFine Onyx Black
Tools: SU! 'Petals & More' Thinlits & 'Lots of Labels' Framelits die sets, circle punches, heat tool, sponge
Embellishments & accessories: SU! silver sequins, Dimensionals


Supplies for scene easel card:
Stamps: SU! 'Waterfront', 'Rose Wonder' & 'Blooming with Kindness' sets, 'Burlap' background stamp
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Tranquil Tide & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Crushed Curry, Lemon Lime Twist, Marina Mist, Soft Suede & Tranquil Tide
Tools: SU! 'Seaside' embossing folder, 'Rose Garden' Thinlits die set
Embellishments & accessories: SU! jute twine, Dimensionals


Supplies for pandas three panel card:
Stamps: SU! 'Party Pandas' set, Hero Arts 'Sending You Love' & 'Yummy Treats' sets
CS: SU! Real Red, Basic Black & Whisper White

Pattered paper: Junkitz 'Love Line Polka Dots'
Ink: SU! Basic Black Archival, Real Red marker, Basic Black marker, fine tip black pen, Cool Grey 1 ProMarker
Tools: SU! 'Circle Layering' Framelits, 'Mini Treat Bag' Thinlits, 'Sweet Cake' Thinlits die sets, SU! 'Balloon Bouquet' punch, Hero Arts 'Small Tag Frame' die set, 1/16" handheld circle punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals

Ruth


No comments:

01 09 10