Thursday 2 November 2017

November 2017 Card Group Projects

This afternoon we got together for our card group meeting and I designed three Christmas cards for the ladies to make.  I cannot quite believe that next time will be our final meeting for 2017, this year seems to have rocketed by!

Card one is simple but the cut out design adds a stylish touch.  I challenged myself to use colours I tend to neglect - opting for Pacific Point and Tempting Turquoise.  I made a side opening A6 landscape card and used the border die to cut out the fancy design.  I cut three snowflakes using dies from the SU! 'Seasonal Layers' die set.  I was chuffed to see that the centre of the large snowflake matches the design of the cut out die!  I adhered punched Tempting Turquoise circles behind the snowflakes which made it easier to adhere them to the card front and adds a pop of contrast.  I stamped and die cut the sentiment label and glued that in place.  I used the dots die from the SU! 'Trim Your Stocking' die set to cut out Tempting Turquoise dots and I glued those on the cut out design portion.  I haven't popped anything up on this card so it will be a good one to send through the post.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I love the snowflake cluster stamp from the SU! 'Perpetual Birthday Calendar' set, it's going to get used a LOT!  I thought a cluster of snowflakes was perfect to go with the 'sending you a flurry of warm Christmas wishes' sentiment!


The black, white and Old Olive colour combo of the SU! 'Merry Little Christmas' suite is such an unusual combo for Christmas cards but I really like it and it's good to go outside the norm now and again!  I've recently purchased the MFT Die-namics Blueprints 18 die set, I love how these sets make it easy and fast to put a card together.  I used one of the recommended layouts for the design of the card.  The angled panel dies are better suited to US sized 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"  cards.  As our cards are 4 1/8" wide it leaves just a tiny border but it was quick and simple enough to trim off a bit to get the size border I prefer!

I made an Old Olive A6 card base, attached the patterned paper angled layer and stamped the holly image in Old Olive ink.  I die cut the stitched circle, flagged banner and button which use dies from the Blueprints 18 set.  I stamped and fussy cut the ornament and popped that up.  I used a sweet little bow die from the SU! 'Christmas Stockings' set to embellish the ornament and added a rhinestone jewel.  I glued a black punched circle behind the Old Olive button and popped the button up.


Here's a closer look at the ornament - such a gorgeous stamp!


Here's the inside and the envelope.


Card three uses a new purchase as well - the Sizzix 'Christmas is Here' set of Framelits dies and stamps.  CraftStash have this set at £9.35 which is a great price and the set is wonderful, I couldn't resist!  

 I made an A6 landscape easel card using SU! Cherry Cobbler CS and added a strip of  Garden Green patterned paper from the SU! 'Be Merry' DSP pack.  I cut a piece of Whisper White CS to fit along the bottom of my image panel, tore it to create a snow bank and held it in place so I could judge where to stamp the trees.  I used full strength and stamped off once Garden Green ink for the trees.  I added Soft Sky ink to the torn edge using a sponge dauber and I applied a line of PVA glue using a fine tip applicator and then I sprinkled on SU! Dazzling Diamonds glitter.  I stamped the deer in Soft Suede ink, die cut the deer, glued the snowbank in place tucking the deer legs behind and popped up the deer body.  For the easel stop I used a stamped and die cut sentiment.  'Christmas is here bringing good cheer' - what a lovely sentiment!


Here's a closer look at the image panel.  Now I love a bit of fussy cutting but even I'd not attempt to cut that deer out - the legs and antlers are so delicate - so it's fab that there's a die to cut it out!


I glued a white panel to the bottom of the card, stamped some trees and added a sentiment.


Here's the envelope flap embellished using dies from the 'Christmas is Here' set.


So that's all our Christmas cards done for card group this year.  Our December meetings are always a lot of fun as we put on festive music and swap Secret Santa gifts as well as make a couple of projects.  I've started making the Christmas cards for my ladies, I've got all the pieces prepared and cut so it's a matter of assembling them.  I'm determined to have them made in good time!

Supplies for snowflakes card:
Stamps: SU! 'Flurry of Wishes' & 'Perpetual Birthday Calendar' sets
CS: SU! Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Pacific Point & Tempting Turquoise
Tools: SU! 'Eclectic Layers', 'Seasonal Layers' & 'Trim Your Stocking' Thinlits die sets, Spellbinders 'Labels Trio' die set, circle punches


Supplies for ornament card:
Stamps: Papermania Urban Home for Christmas 'Baubles' set, SU! 'Best Yet' set, Hero Arts 'Holiday Cheer' set
CS: SU! Old Olive, Basic Black & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Merry Little Christmas' DSP
Ink: SU! Old Olive, Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: MFT Die-namics Blueprints 18 die set, SU! 'Christmas Stockings' Thinlits die set 

Embellishments & accessories: SU! rhinestone jewel, Dimensionals

Supplies for trees and deer card:
Stamps: Sizzix 'Christmas is Here' stamps & dies combo set
CS: SU! Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green & Whisper White

Patterned paper:  SU! 'Be Merry' DSP
Ink: SU! Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Soft Sky & Soft Suede
Tools: Sizzix 'Christmas is Here' dies & stamps combo set, sponge dauber, fine tip glue applicator
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10