Thursday 9 November 2017

Card Group 2017 Secret Santa Gift Tags

We exchange Secret Santa gifts each year at card group and I always make a batch of tags for us to use.  I put a name on each tag, place the tags in a drawstring bag and then everyone draws out a tag, buys the person named on the tag a gift, wraps the gift and attaches the tag to the gift.  It's such a traditional part of our December get together now and I always look forward to it and enjoy it immensely!

I looked on Pinterest for some inspiration and saw these beautiful gold tags made by Linda Parker.  I based my design on Linda's tags but used a different stamp and introduced a pop of deep colour with Cherry Cobbler ink and ribbon.


Here's a closer look.


In the past I didn't like making a batch of stuff the same.  Nowadays I find it really helpful and enjoyable.  I think preparation is the key for me - I know now that if I make the effort to do the necessary prep work then the whole project will come together really smoothly and quickly.  I know I always love seeing a completed batch!  

I'm going out shopping today with a friend and I'm hoping to find the perfect Secret Santa gift! 

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Labels to Love' set
CS: SU! Whisper White & Gold Foil Sheet

Patterned paper: SU! 'Year of Cheer' Specialty DSP
Ink: SU! Cherry Cobbler
Tools: SU! 'Scalloped Tag Topper' & 'Everyday Label' punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Cherry Cobbler taffeta ribbon, gold cord, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10