Friday 6 October 2017

October 2017 Card Group Projects - One Layout Six Cards

Here I am to share the cards we made at our October card group meeting yesterday.  My original plan was to make a gift set of Christmas cards that would go in a cellophane bag tied up with ribbon and a tag.  After some discussion with my ladies though it appeared they'd rather have just Christmas cards to add to their stash to use.  Thinking about it, if you gift a set of Christmas cards as a Christmas present the recipient wouldn't be able to use them until the following year so maybe not a great idea!

So I decided to have the ladies make six cards which is double what they usually make.  Therefore, I kept the cards simple in design and used the same sketch layout for each card.  This layout is a definite 'go to' and makes cards come together quickly.  I kept to rectangular image panels but you could use any shapes.  It's fab for using your patterned papers too!

Here are all six cards together.


I used patterned papers from two different SU! DSP packs and based the colour combos of the cards on the colours in the DSP.  Here's the three cards made using the 'Presents & Pinecones' DSP pack.


Here's the three cards made using the 'Season of Cheer' DSP pack.


Card one was made using the SU! 'Christmas Pines' stamp set and matching 'Pretty Pines' die set.  The colour combo is Cherry Cobbler, Mint Macaron and Soft Suede.  The pine cone is popped up.  The Cherry Cobbler dots were cut out using a die from the SU! 'Trim Your Stocking' die set.


Here's the inside and envelope of card one.  The lovely sentiment is from the SU! 'Greetings of the Season' set.


Card two was made using the SU! 'Hang Your Stocking' stamp set and matching 'Christmas Stockings' die set.  The colour combo is Cherry Cobbler, Emerald Envy and Mint Macaron.  I popped up the stocking and added a rhinestone jewel to the Emerald Envy die cut bow.


Here's the inside and envelope of card two.  I used a snowflake stamp from the My Cute Stamps 'Let It Snow!' set to decorate the envelope.


Card three was made using the SU! 'Merry Mistletoe' stamp set and a colour combo of Early Espresso and Emerald Envy.


Here's a closer look at the deer, I made him into Rudolph by adding a red gem for his nose!


Here's the inside and envelope for card three.  I love the contrast of bold sentiments and delicate images in this stamp set!


Card four was made using the SU! 'Embellished Ornaments' stamp set and the matching 'Delicate Ornament' dies set.  The sentiment is from the SU! 'Owl Occasions' stamp set.  The colour combo is Cherry Cobbler, Mossy Meadow and Soft Sky.  I used gold foil CS for the ornament topper and the ornament is popped up.  The flower was stamped separately, fussy cut and glued over the top of the ornament.


Here's the inside and the envelope of card four.  After stamping the holly images I coloured over the berries using a Cherry Cobbler marker.  Another fussy cut Cherry Cobbler flower decorates the envelope flap.


Card five was made using that perennial favourite SU! stamp set 'Lovely as a Tree'.  The colour combo is Old Olive and Soft Sky.  I stamped the central tree in full strength Old Olive ink but stamped off once for the trees at the sides.  I really wanted to bring in the Soft Sky colour on the image panel but as Soft Sky is such a delicate, pale blue the sentiment wasn't showing up well.  So I mounted the sentiment stamp onto my MISTI and stamped it three times in succession which gave me a darker shade.


Here's the inside and envelope of card five.  I used sentiments from the Hero Arts 'Very Merry Christmas' clear set for this card.


Card six was made using a cheery snowman stamp from the Hero Arts 'Wonderful Christmas' set. The colour combo is Night of Navy and Soft Sky and there's a touch of grey in there too - along with a hint of Pumpkin Pie - well, a snowman has to have a carrot nose!  I stamped a background using a small snowflake cluster image (from the old retired SU! 'Snowflakes' set) in Smoky Slate ink.  I stamped the snowman in Night of Navy ink on a separate piece of Whisper White CS and stamped the scarf portion of the image onto a scrap of Soft Sky CS.  I fussy cut the snowman, paper pieced the scarf and used a Night of Navy marker to colour the dots on the scarf.  I used a pale grey ProMarker to add some shading to the snowman and popped him up.


Here's the inside and envelope of card six.  That 'Be Merry' sentiment is so gorgeous and it's just a  cheapy clear Snag 'em stamp from Imaginisce!  The beautiful snowflake on the envelope is from an old, retired SU! set called 'Patterned Pines'.  I love snowflakes and that stamp is one of my all time faves!


I'm very happy to say that the layout and cards were a real hit with my ladies!  
Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10