Tuesday 5 September 2017

Roses Thanks Blueprints Card

My lovely friend Lesley gave me some M & C Boutique dies from the Works, a Rose Design die and a pack of Swirl Square nesting dies, what a sweetheart!  I used the pretty Rose Design die to make Lesley a thanks card.

I cut the die out of Whisper White CS and using sponge daubers I added Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, Sweet Sugarplum and Rich Razzleberry inks to colour the die cut shape.  I really liked the coloured outline but I decided to go a step further and use the outline die cut shape as a stencil so I could get coloured solid leaves and roses too.  I held the die cut in place on a piece of Whisper White CS, added ink colours, again using sponge daubers and then glued the outline shape on top.  Hmmm, because I'd used the shape as a stencil I'd got some ink haloing around the image.  It looked OK, just a soft smudgy halo but I decided I'd fussy cut around the die cut outline shape anyway.  A few quick flicks with daubers around the edges took care of any stray white bits!

Now I'd got my main image sorted I needed to design the card.  I turned to my trusty MFT 'Blueprints 14' die set which makes coming up with a layout SO fast and easy.  After making the Rich Razzleberry 5 1/4" card base and die cutting the card front elements I only had to arrange and adhere everything in place.  I popped up the roses and added a rhinestone jewel to the centre of each rose.


Here's the inside of the card.  I love that the Blueprints 14 die set elements are perfectly sized and proportioned, it really does make creating a card quick and easy!


I added a patterned paper strip to the front of the envelope and popped up a die cut name label.


Supplies:
Stamps: 'Thanks' from SU! 'Live Your Dream' set, 'Thanks So Much' from SU! 'Simply Sketched' set
CS: SU! Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz, Rich Razzleberry, Sweet Sugarplum & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Blooms & Bliss' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz, Rich Razzleberry & Sweet Sugarplum
Tools: M & C Boutique 'Rose Design' die, MFT Die-namics 'Blueprints 14' die set, Sizzix 'Card, Fancy Frame Flip-Its #2' Framelits die set, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals

Ruth


No comments:

01 09 10