Tuesday 27 June 2017

Fluttering Butterfly Thanks Card

The SU! 'You Move Me' bundle became a 'must have' item for me after I saw it used during an OnStage presentation video.  It's so unusual, such a clever design and just fascinating to see the wings of the butterfly and hummingbird flutter!  SU! have a 'You Move Me' Bundle video on YouTube if you'd like to check that out.  The first project that Brandy shows in the video also uses the 'Mini Treat Bag' Thinlits die set and I loved how that made a great pocket for the card to slip into, so, of course, I had to add that to my order too!

My box of new SU! goodies arrived just as I was heading out the door to go to a meeting at work.  As soon as I returned home I unpacked the box, sorted out my customer orders and then hotfooted it to my craft room to play with the 'You Move Me' bundle and the 'Mini Treat Bag' dies.  I knew I wanted to make a thank you card using some of the new In Colors and this is what I came up with.


Here is the card and the Mini Treat Bag 'pocket'.  I die cut a partial circle from the pocket and added a pull tab circle element to the card so that the card would be easy for the recipient to pull out.


Here's a closer look at the pull tab - how sweet is that stamped and die cut butterfly?!


This is the back of the card where I chose to write my message.


What a fab, fun project - and I'm happy to say it was well received!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'You Move Me'  set
CS: SU! Berry Burst, Lemon Lime Twist, & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Fresh Florals' DSP
Ink: SU! Tranquil Tide
Tools: SU! 'Move Me' & 'Mini Treat Bag' Thinlits dies, Nestabilities circle die, circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Berry Burst Finely Woven Ribbon, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals

Ruth


No comments:

01 09 10