Wednesday 15 March 2017

Sparkly Butterflies Sunburst Thank You Card

The SU! 'Sunburst' die has been available for some time but I have passed on it thinking I wouldn't use it all that much.  I was narrow minded about the use of the die, thinking of it ONLY as a sunburst.  Looking at Pinterest made me see that it's a great general purpose background die - as well as a great sunburst die!  My sweet friend Lesley let me borrow her 'Sunburst' die and, of course, I've now had to add the die to my own collection!

Whilst browsing Pinterest for 'Sunburst' die cards I came across this very pretty card made by Robin Messenheimer and I just had to CASE it.  I love the use of floral paper, the offset die cut pieces and the texture added to the die cut shape. Robin's card clearly shows that the die is a fab design element on a card - I'm a convert to this versatile die now!

My floral paper and sunburst panel is layered onto a mat of Mossy Meadow CS and I adhered that to the front of a Pool Party A6 card base.  I used the 'Seaside' embossing folder to add texture to the Blushing Bride sunburst shape.  In the second release of SU! Sale-A-Bration items a 6" x 6" mixed colour pack of Glimmer Paper was one of the offerings.  Glimmer Paper in Bermuda Bay, Mint Macaron and Sweet Sugarplum was irresistible to me!  I used some Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper and just a tad of the gorgeous Mint Macaron glittery goodness to punch Bitty Butterflies to add to my sentiment circle.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope decorated with that beautiful floral paper.


I hope the recipient enjoys this card as much as I enjoyed making it!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Rose Wonder' set
CS: SU! Blushing Bride, Mossy Meadow, Pool Party & Whisper White, Blushing Bride & Mint Macaron Glimmer Paper

Patterned paper: SU! 'Birthday Bouquet' DSP
Ink: SU! Mossy Meadow
Tools: SU! 'Sunburst' Thinlits die, circle 'Stitched Shapes' Framelits die, 'Seaside' embossing folder, various circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals




No comments:

01 09 10