Friday 31 March 2017

Faux Wooden & Floral Birthday Card & Matching Gift Box

Yet another card with a matching hexagonal gift box - I've really got to stop making the boxes as I'm running out of room to store them!  I had to get this idea 'out of my system' as it were.  I came across this lovely card made by Joanne James on Pinterest not long after I'd saved this picture of a faux wooden gift box.  I knew immediately I wanted to CASE the card and make a matching hexagonal faux wooden gift box and I was itching to get going with it as soon as I had the time!  Here's the card, envelope and gift box all together.


The Melon Mambo gatefold card measures 5 1/2" square and I used Mint Macaron CS for the mat layers.  I stamped two separate pieces of Crumb Cake CS with the SU! 'Hardwood' stamp, trimmed them to size, edged both pieces with Soft Suede ink using a sponge dauber and glued both faux wood panels to the Mint Macaron mat layers.  I used stamps from the SU! 'Flower Shop' and 'Petite Petals' sets to decorate the hexagonal element.  I stamped the flowers in Melon Mambo ink (1st and 3rd generation stamping), Soft Suede ink (1st and 2nd generation stamping) and Mint Macaron ink,  I snipped between each petal, shaped each flower and popped a rhinestone jewel in each flower centre.


Here's the inside of the gatefold card.


Here's the envelope flap.


I stamped the two pieces of Crumb Cake CS needed for the box with the 'Hardwood' stamp before I die cut the two box shapes.  I stamped a separate 'Hardwood' panel, cut it with a hexagon die, inked the edges with Soft Suede ink and popped it up.  The large flowers and 'for you' label are also popped up.


Here's a side view of the box.  After gluing the box together I inked all the edges with Soft Suede ink applied with a sponge dauber.  I do like adding a ribbon pull - this one is made from Melon Mambo stitched satin ribbon.


I had a wonderful time getting this out of my system and I'm happy how it turned out!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Hardwood' background stamp, SU! 'Flower Shop, Petite Petals' & 'Birthday Blooms' sets
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Melon Mambo, Mint Macaron & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Melon Mambo, Mint Macaron & Soft Suede 

Tools: SU! 'Window Box' Thinlits & 'Project Life Cards & Labels' Framelits die sets, Sizzix 'Hexagon' Framelits dies, flower shaping tool & moulding mat, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Melon Mambo stitched satin ribbon, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10