Saturday 18 February 2017

Sunburst & Balloons Birthday Card

Last Thursday Jan and Wendy came over for a crafty make and take, lunch and then we visited the Crafts U Love shop in the afternoon.   A perfect way to spend a very happy day!

My co crafting friends are so kind and generous, I am very fortunate!  My lovely friend Lesley let me borrow her SU! 'Sunburst' die and kindly said I could use it for Jan and Wendy's make and take cards. I wasn't sure about the 'Sunburst' die so didn't get it for myself.  Of course, now that I've used it and seen lots of cards on Pinterest I'm a convert and will have to add the die to my collection!   ** Note to Lesley ** Thank you so much for the loan of the die and for the fun 'Pinterest party' phone call! 😁

The SU! 'Lift Me Up' hot air balloons set would have worked beautifully on this card but I was itching to use some new goodies - the SU! 'Balloon Adventures' stamp set and the 'Balloon Bouquet' punch.  I die cut the sunburst from a piece of Whisper White thick CS and applied So Saffron and Daffodil Delight inks over the die cut shape using sponges.  I then added Crushed Curry ink around the edges using a sponge dauber and stamped the sentiment.  I glued the sunburst shape to a piece of Pool Party CS, trimmed it to size and glued the panel to the front of a Basic Black A6 card base.  I stamped the dotted balloon in Crushed Curry ink onto So Saffron CS, stamped the striped balloon in Bermuda Bay CS onto Pool Party CS, punched the balloons out and inked the edges of both balloons.  I stamped two balloon strings on a Bermuda Bay circle and drew a black line on each balloon above the knot.  I glued the Bermuda Bay circle to a larger Basic Black circle and popped up the black circle and both balloons.  To finish the front I added a few Bermuda Bay sequins.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope.  I used Daffodil Delight ink applied with a Blender Pen to colour in the letters - a fun touch for that great sentiment!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Balloon Adventures' set
CS: SU! Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, So Saffron, Basic Black & Whisper White (regular & thick)
Ink: SU! So Saffron, Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry & Bermuda Bay, Memento Tuxedo Black, black fineliner pen, SU! Blender Pen
Tools: SU! 'Sunburst' Thinlits die, SU! 'Balloon Bouquet' punch, sponges & sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Bermuda Bay Sequin Trim, Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif


1 comment:

Uschi said...

This really is a wonderful creation. Love the idea to put those balloons in the middle of the sum and Ireally do love the colours you used.

01 09 10