Tuesday 14 February 2017

Stitched Heart Love You Valentine Card

This is the Valentine card I made for my hubby Owen.  Just as well I made it in good time 'cos I've been ill with a virus for the last few days so I've not been able to do anything, least of all spend time in my craft room.

My SU! order arrived and I was eager to try out the 'Double Take' stamp set so my card design started with the sentiment and I went on from there.  The 'Double Take' stamps are clear but I have to confess I used my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig in order to get the sentiment stamps lined up where I wanted them.  I'd rather take a few extra seconds and use the stamp positioner as when I wing it there's no guarantee I'll be happy with the end result - even with clear stamps.  I also have the MISTI stamp positioner tool but in this case it was quicker and easier for me to use my SAMJ.

Another new item in my SU! order was a pack of 'Falling In Love' DSP so I chose a patterned paper from the pack, stamped the stitched heart, roughly cut it out, adhered it to a piece of Very Vanilla CS and then fussy cut the heart.  I made an Early Espresso A6 sized card base and cut a mat layer of Real Red CS.  I stamped a bubble wrap background stamp a few times on the Real Red panel using Real Red ink - the tone on tone look is perfect when you don't want a plain panel but you don't want a highly patterned panel either, a subtle compromise.  I stamped a small heart a few times using Early Espresso ink and also stamped the 'YOU' direct to the Real Red panel.  I glued the panel to the card front, popped up the heart and attached the 'LOVE' banner using glue at one end and Dimensionals at the the other end.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope.  The sentiment and scroll element inside the card are stamps from a freebie set given away with a magazine.  I just love how the SU! inks work brilliantly with these vinyl stamps!  A little while ago I bought the SU! 'Hello Darling' retired set from eBay and I thought Owen's Valentine card would be the perfect opportunity to use that sentiment from the set!  I used Real Red and Early Espresso markers to ink up the stamp and so was able to omit the flowery portion of the sentiment.  I used two oval dies from the SU! 'Stitched Shape' Framelits die set for the sentiments and I popped up both ovals.


Supplies:
Stamps: Creative Expressions 'Bubble Wrap' background stamp, SU! 'Double Take' & 'Hello Darling' sets, stitched heart from a set given away with a DoCrafts magazine, 'Sincere Sentiments' freebie set from 'Cardmaking & Papercraft' mag issue #169
CS: SU! Early Espresso, Real Red & Very Vanilla 

Patterned paper: SU! 'Falling In Love' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Real Red & Early Espresso (ink pads & markers)
Tools: SU! 'Stitched Shape' Framelits dies, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10