Thursday 16 February 2017

Honeycomb & Bees Wonderful Friend Birthday Card

I set my card group ladies some homework after our January meeting, I asked them to make a card using the sketch we'd used that month.  I thought it was only fair that I joined in too!



The fabulous SU! Hexagons Dynamic embossing folder is a perfect partner to the lovely bee stamp in the 'Dragonfly Dreams' set and that's what I used for my card.  I rotated the sketch and used the layout in landscape orientation.  My colour combo is So Saffron, Smoky Slate, Basic Black and Whisper White.  I used Crushed Curry ink and a blender pen to colour the bees and I added subtle shimmer to the wings using a clear Wink of Stella pen.  I fussy cut the bees, popped them up and added a bee charm to the ribbon.


In this photo you can see I trimmed a bit off the card front at the top and right side to echo the sketch layout design.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope.  I made this card with a specific friend in mind.  It's not her birthday for many months but it's good to know the card is ready and waiting in my stash!  If only I could be that prepared for all 2017 birthdays!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Dragonfly Dreams' set
CS: SU! So Saffron, Smoky Slate, Basic Black & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Crushed Curry, Blender Pen, Memento Tuxedo Black, Wink of Stella clear pen
Tools: SU! Hexagons Dynamic embossing folder, MFT 'Fishtail Flags' Stax die, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper, circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Basic Black satin ribbon, Whisper White baker's twine, Dimensionals, bee charm


 photo RoseRuth.gif


No comments:

01 09 10