Saturday 10 December 2016

Batch Of 10 Fancy Frost Snowflake Merry Christmas Cards

This is a set of Christmas cards I made to give to my card group ladies.  Saturday 1st October was World Card Making Day and this batch of cards was my project for the day.  I was very organised indeed and worked in an orderly fashion doing one stage at a time - stamping, heat embossing, die cutting and cutting card bases, panels and ribbon lengths.

After I'd completed the stages I laid everything out in a plastic box.  So here's the box with all the elements ready for me to assemble the cards.


Here's the completed, assembled card.  I was inspired by a card on page 36 of the SU! Autumn/Winter catalogue which featured white heat embossing, vellum, glitter ribbon and Fancy Frost Specialty Designer Series Paper.  That card was made using the 'Frosted Medallions' stamp set which I didn't have at the time (I do now though!) and I used the 'Flurry of Wishes' set instead.  I made a 5 3/4" square Sweet Sugarplum card base, added strips of glitter ribbon to a panel of 'Fancy Frost' DSP and added a sentiment label embellished with Fancy Frost Sequins.  I stamped the snowflake in VersaMark ink onto vellum and heat embossed with white powder.  I attached the square of vellum to a punched Sweet Sugarplum CS circle with a rhinestone brad and popped up the circle on the white panel.  I then adhered the panel to the front of the card base.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope.  The snowflakes are stamped in Sweet Sugarplum ink and I used Rich Razzleberry ink for the sentiment.  The MISTI made this stamping stage so quick and easy!


Here's the whole batch of ten cards bagged up ready for me to write out.  I don't make batches of cards very often but when I do I always enjoy seeing them all together when I've finished!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Flurry of Wishes' set
CS: SU! Sweet Sugarplum, Whisper White, vellum

Patterned paper: SU! 'Fancy Frost' Specialty DSP
Ink: VersaMark, SU! Sweet Sugarplum & Rich Razzleberry
Tools: Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper, Spellbinders 'Labels Trio' die set, heat tool, MISTI, paper piercer
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Sweet Sugarplum glitter ribbon, Fancy Frost Sequins, Rhinestone Brads, Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif


No comments:

01 09 10