Monday 19 September 2016

Two Sunny Floral SU! Thank You Cards - And Buyer's Remorse!

Here are another couple of thank you cards I made to give to my SU! customers.  I originally planned to make two identical cards but I changed my mind after making the first one so the two cards are similar but not the same!

Here are the two cards together.  I don't use yellow a lot but I like the cheerful, sunshiny feel these cards have!



So this is the first card I made using the SU! 'Bunch of Blossoms' stamp set and matching punch.  I kept looking at this set in the catalogue, I think it's such a pretty set but I wasn't 100% sure I'd enjoy using it.  I'm all for a bit of two step stamping but I wondered if I'd find creating a flower one petal at a time a pain in the neck.  The prettiness won out over my doubts and I got the set with Stampin' Rewards - but I really should have trusted my instincts.  Yes, it IS a lovely set and you get very pretty, realistic looking flowers BUT I did find it a pain, it was very time consuming and fiddly and I didn't want to repeat the experience - hence only one card using that set!  I have a real weakness for floral stamp sets and find them so hard to resist.  Now that I've used this set I know full well that a floral set that requires multiple petals stamped and punched in order to create flowers will not be a 'go to' set for me and it will remain neglected on the shelf - no matter how pretty the flowers are!  This stamp set and punch will be passed onto a new owner!


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I know it would have been a lot less time consuming if I didn't decorate the insides of my cards and the envelopes - but I can't stop doing that now - it doesn't feel finished to me if I don't, it just isn't 'right'!


So I made the second card pretty much to the same design as the first card but I used the 'Flourishing Phrases' set instead.  Both cards were made with Daffodil Delight A6 card bases and I used the 'Petal Burst' embossing folder to add a debossed design to the right hand side of the card fronts.  The petals, flowers and leaves were all stamped using Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive inks.  For the second card I fussy cut the flowers and leaves - maybe it seems strange that I'm really happy to fussy cut after I've said I don't like things too time consuming and fiddly - but I really enjoy it and don't find it a pain at all - as long as the bits I'm cutting are not tiny!  I added a strip of burlap ribbon to both panels before I added them to the card fronts.  I popped up the sentiment labels and added some rhinestone jewels.


Here's the inside and the envelope of the second card.


Lesson learned?  Maybe!  It's definitely not the first time I've bought crafty supplies that I've later regretted and I'm sure it won't be the last time.  I don't spend too much time on regret now though, I acknowledge my mistake, resolve to not make that same mistake again and I don't keep the items in my stash - I find them new homes with other crafty folk!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Bunch of Blossoms' & 'Flourishing Phrases' sets
CS: SU! Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Pear Pizazz & Old Olive
Tools: SU! 'Petal Burst' embossing folder, 'Blossom Builder' punch, 'Lots of Labels' Framelits die set
Embellishments & accessories: SU! burlap ribbon, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif



No comments:

01 09 10