Thursday 22 September 2016

Rosy Blueprints Birthday Card

Today I'm sharing a birthday card made for our special friend Debs using my MFT Blueprints 14 die set.  This time I based my design on the sketch shown at the top left.

I had some new craft items I wanted to play with - the Clearly Besotted 'English Rose' stamp set, the Taylored Expressions 'Corrugated' embossing folder, the MFT 'Label Maker Sentiments' stamp set and matching dies - and the MISTI.  I have a money box in my craft room and I save up for significant crafty items.  So I was saving up for a MISTI and some accessories but circumstances meant I had to keep raiding my money box so it took longer than anticipated to fill up the box!  I finally got there and I was able to have a nice crafty splurge!  I am now the very happy owner of an original MISTI - what a great tool, it's brilliant for multi step stamping sets like the 'English Rose' set!  

I used SU! Blushing Bride, Flirty Flamingo, Primrose Petals, Pear Pizzazz and Old Olive inks to stamp the roses and leaves and I fussy cut them all out.  I made a 5 1/2" square white card base using SU! Whisper White thick CS and I die cut the stitched square layer from Pear Pizzazz CS.  I die cut the rounded corner square from Primrose Petals CS, embossed it with the 'Corrugated' folder and glued both layers to the card front.  The 'Corrugated' folder is fab for adding texture but isn't too fancy - a very useful addition to the stash I think!  I die cut the white rounded corner rectangle and a Blushing Bride scalloped strip and glued those elements in place.  I arranged the cluster of roses and leaves, popping up each rose and then I adhered the stamped and die cut sentiment strips.  I completed the card front by adding a few silver sequins.     



Here's the inside of the card...


...and here's the envelope.  Yeah, you can tell I was enjoying playing with the Blueprints 14 dies, the MISTI and the rose stamp set can't you?!


Supplies:
Stamps: Clearly Besotted 'English Rose' set, MFT 'Label Maker Sentiments' set, Hero Arts 'Everything Wonderful'
CS: SU! Pear Pizzazz, Primrose Petals, Blushing Bride, & Whisper White (regular & thick)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Blushing Bride, Flirty Flamingo, Primrose Petals, Pear Pizzazz & Old Olive
Tools: Taylored Expressions 'Corrugated' embossing folder, MFT Die-namics 'Blueprints 14' & 'Label Tape' die sets, MISTI
Embellishments & accessories: silver sequins, SU! Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10