Thursday 11 August 2016

Two Watercolour Wash Nature Scene Birthday Cards

Recently I had a chance to play with the SU! 'Watercolor Wash' background stamp.  Before I passed the stamp onto Lesley I stamped a few wash panels that I could add stamping to and then put the panels onto cards. I shared this card a week or so back.  Both of the cards I'm sharing today use the same inking technique.  I inked the Watercolor Wash stamp with two ink colours, spritzed the stamp with water and then stamped onto Whisper White thick CS.

The first card features the lovely wading birds image from the SU! 'Wetlands' set.  I made an Early Espresso A6 sized card base.  To get a beach and water look I applied Pool Party and Crumb Cake inks to the background stamp, spritzed the stamp with water and stamped onto Whisper White thick CS.  I stamped the birds, cut the image using a cross stitched rectangle die and layered the stitched rectangle to an Early Espresso mat.  I thought the SU! 'Seaside' embossing folder was the perfect choice to go with the focal image!  I embossed a panel of Pool Party CS and decided to have the debossed side showing.  I attached the strip on the right hand side and glued the debossed panel to the card front.  I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of Crumb Cake CS, glued that behind the image panel and then adhered the panel to the card front.


Here's the inside and the envelope.


For this card I inked the 'Watercolor Wash' stamp with Soft Sky and Pear Pizzazz inks to get a sky and ground look.  Again, I spritzed the stamp with water and stamped onto Whisper White thick CS.  I stamped the deer, trees and grass from the SU! 'In the Meadow' set.  I coloured the deer with Crumb Cake and Soft Suede inks using a blender pen.  I cut the image out with a stitched square die and layered the square onto an Early Espresso mat.  I layered a strip of paper from the SU! 'Serene Scenery' DSP stack onto a larger strip of Early Espresso CS, glued that to the front of the Pear Pizzazz A6 sized card base, stamped the sentiment and adhered the image panel.


Here's the inside and the envelope.


Supplies for Birthday Greetings card:
Stamps: SU! 'Watercolor Wash' background stamp, 'Wetlands' set, Inkylicious 'Wonderful Day'
CS: SU! Pool Party, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso & Whisper White

Patterned paper: Authentique 'Newsprint Dot' from the Cozy collection
Ink: SU! Pool Party, Crumb Cake & Early Espresso
Tools: SU! 'Seaside' embossing folder, Memory Box 'Cross Stitched Frame' rectangle die, water spritzer bottle

Supplies for Happy Birthday Wishes card:
Stamps: SU! 'Watercolor Wash' background stamp, SU! 'In the Meadow', 'Simply Sketched' & 'Blooming with Kindness' sets
CS: SU! Pear Pizzazz, Early Espresso & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Serene Scenery' DSP stack
Ink: SU! Soft Sky, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, Soft Suede & Early Espresso
Tools: Memory Box 'Stitched Square Layers' die, water spritzer bottle, blender pen


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10