Tuesday 9 August 2016

Rolled Flowers Tag Tealights Gift Box

I made this tealights gift box a little while ago and I gave it to Shirley at work - she really loved it!  I said I was going to give the tealights gift boxes a rest but when Eileen saw the one I'd given to Shirley she loved it, said it was 'really beautiful' so I offered to make Eileen her own tealights gift box!

Eileen opted to have pale blue tealights so I knew I'd use Pool Party CS for the box.  Once I'd chosen the pretty paper I decided to pair Sweet Sugarplum with the Pool Party.  This time I didn't use a sentiment tag, instead I added three die cut rolled flowers to a circular tag element.


Here's a view from the top.


Here's a closer look at the rolled flowers tag made with a die that came free with a craft magazine some time ago.  I used a quilling tool to roll the die cut spiral shapes into flowers.  I added glue to the bottoms of the flowers, applied some Sweet Sugarplum ink with a sponge dauber, glued the flowers to the round tag and tied the tag to the ribbon with some thick baker's twine.


Eileen was very happy with her little gift I'm pleased to say!

Supplies:
Stamps: none
CS: SU! Pool Party & Sweet Sugarplum 

Patterned paper: Bazzill 'Vintage Lace' 6" x 6" pad
Ink: SU! Sweet Sugarplum
Tools: SU! Simply Scored, SU! Decorative Label punch, SU! plain & scalloped circle punches, magazine freebie rolled flower die, quilling tool, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Rich Razzleberry taffeta ribbon, thick baker's twine, Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10