Monday 25 July 2016

A Trio Of Flourishing Phrases Thank You Cards

Today I'm sharing three thank you cards I made using the SU! 'Flourishing Phrases' stamp set and 'Flourish' Thinlits dies.  I wanted to make my version of a card in the SU! catalogue and originally I planned to make all three cards the same but then I decided to make each one a bit differently.

Here are all three cards together.


The first card is my version of the card on page 49 in the SU! catalogue.  I LOVE how the tone on tone stamped flourish looks!  The card in the catalogue has a strip of Peekaboo Peach ribbon underneath the sentiment banner.  As I don't have the ribbon I used a distressed strip of Peekaboo Peach CS instead.  I cut the strip of CS, spritzed it with water, crumpled it up a fair few times and then dried it with my heat tool.  I really like the texture this gives!  Instead of a button embellishment on the banner I added a die cut flower.  I sprinkled on a few rhinestone jewels to finish.


Here's the second card.  I made a landscape oriented card again, also included the tone on tone stamped flourish and a flagged sentiment banner.  I stamped the flower twice using Peekaboo Peach ink without re-inking and stamped the leaves in Pool Party ink.  I fussy cut the flowers, die cut the leaves and arranged them on the card, popping up the flower shapes.  I used two dies from the 'Flourish' set to embellish and added rhinestone jewels.


Here's how I decorated the insides and the envelopes of the two landscape oriented cards.



For the third card I chose to make a portrait oriented card using mostly the same elements as for card two but changing the placement of the elements.  This time I used full strength Peekaboo Peach ink for both flower shapes, I didn't flag the end of the sentiment strip and I placed a White Perfect Accent circle in the centre of the flower.  It's fun to change things up just a little!


Here's how I decorated the inside and the envelope for card three, the portrait oriented card.


I had such a happy time in my craft room making these cards!  Actually, I've had lots of very happy time in my craft room this past week as I was on holiday from work and I took advantage of the spare time and energy that I had!  I've returned to work today though so it's back to normal and back to snatching some crafty time as and when I can!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Flourishing Phrases' set
CS: SU! Night of Navy, Peekaboo Peach, Pool Party & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Night of Navy, Peekaboo Peach & Pool Party
Tools: SU! 'Flourish' Thinlits die set, SU! 'Banner Triple' & circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! rhinestone jewels, White Perfect Accents circle, Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

1 comment:

Connie Collins said...

Ruth, I saw these on Pinterest and just wanted to drop by and tell you how lovely these cards are.

01 09 10