Sunday 19 June 2016

Lilacs For You Birthday Card

Continuing to use my old two step stamping floral sets!  For this card it's lilacs made with the SU! 'Blossoms Abound' set.

I love how the new SU! In Colour Sweet Sugarplum looks with Rich Razzleberry so I stamped my lilacs in those colours - stamping off the Sweet Sugarplum once first.  I used Old Olive and Pear Pizzazz inks for the stem and leaves.   I made a Rich Razzleberry card base measuring 5 3/4" square, added some dotty Rich Razzleberry paper on the side of my stamped panel, added a strip of Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, rounded the corners and adhered the panel to a mat layer of Sweet Sugarplum CS.  I added a an Old Olive border cut with one of the dies from the SU! 'Flourish' Thinlits die set.  I'd stamped an extra lilac flowers image and I fussy cut that and popped it up.  I stamped the three small flower images but used a punch to cut those out - not perfect but close enough and I didn't really fancy fussy cutting those teeny tiny shapes!


Here's how I decorated the inside of the card and the envelope flap.  I popped up the stamped and die cut sentiment label over the top of a strip of Sweet Sugarplum CS that I'd die cut using a Memory Box 'Grosgrain Ribbons' die.


The SU! 'Field Flowers' set will feature on my next two step stamped floral card, I'll share that here on the blog soon!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Blossoms Abound' and 'Birthday Blooms' sets
CS: SU! Rich Razzleberry, Sweet Sugarplum, Old Olive & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! Polka Dot Parade DSP
Ink: SU! Rich Razzleberry, Sweet Sugarplum, Old Olive & Pear Pizzazz
Tools: SU! 'Flourish' Thinlits die set, flower punch from SU! 'Itty Bitty Shapes' punch pack, Crop-a-dile Corner Chomper corner rounder, Memory Box 'Grosgrain Ribbons' die set, Spellbinders 'Grommet Tags' die set, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, SU! Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

1 comment:

01 09 10