Monday 16 May 2016

Starry 21st Birthday Card

Nicola, a colleague at Wilko recently celebrated her 21st birthday and I very much enjoyed making two cards for the occasion featuring butterflies and flowers.  No butterflies and flowers allowed on this one as it's for a male, my supervisor David at Wilko.  I opted for a simple black, white and silver colour combo and used the Tonic Studio lattice die again - excellent for those dreaded masculine cards!

I popped up the white lattice shape on top of the 5 3/4" square black card base.  The centre of the lattice has a circle element but I chose to layer a square over the top this time for a change.  I inlaid white die cut '21' numbers into a black square and popped up the black square.  I added a sentiment banner and popped up some silver punched stars.  To finish the front I embellished the lattice with some small black punched circles with silver nailheads adhered on top.


Here's a closer look at the '21' panel.  


Here's the inside of the card and the back of the envelope.


Here's the front of the envelope.


I remember my 21st year very well as it's when I met Owen.  That was 35 years ago - where has all that time gone?!

Supplies:
Stamps: Stampin' Up! 'Itty Bitty Banners' set, Stampendous 'Birthday Wish'
CS: SU!  Basic Black & Whisper White

Patterned paper: DCWV Twinkle Glints Stack
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: Tonic Studio Indulgence Round Window 'Boudoir Square Base' die, Memory Box 'Stitched Square Layers' & 'Surely Stitched Square' dies, star punches, small circle punch
Embellishments & accessories: silver nailheads, 3D foam tape & pads


 photo RoseRuth.gif


No comments:

01 09 10