Monday 23 May 2016

Pink Poppies Thank You Card

My crafting time has increased over the last couple of weeks - woohoo!  One day last week I was determined to spend as much time as I could in my craft room - and more time playing than tidying up!   All I had in mind was to use a stamp I've had for ages and never used, the Penny Black 'Pop Pop Poppy' stamp.  So I got out a pile of scraps and the stamp and experimented using different types of inks, CS and techniques, that took a while but was a thoroughly enjoyable and worthwhile process.  Then I was ready to create something to go on a card.

Inks spritzed with water and stamped on to watercolour paper was my favourite result following my experiments so I went with that technique.  Firstly I applied a watercolour wash of SU! So Saffron ink to a piece of watercolour paper.  I applied Wild Wasabi and Garden Green inks to the leaves and stems on the stamp using markers.  Using a sponge dauber I applied Worn Lipstick Distress Ink to the flowers, spritzed the stamp with water and stamped.  I used a fine black pen to add detail to the centre of the poppies.  I used a few stamps from the SU! 'Timeless Textures' set to add just a touch of grunge to the panel.  I glued on the black die cut border and glued the panel to the front of an A6 white card base.  I used my Dymo label maker to create the sentiment and I added three black metallic nailheads to complete the card front.



I used the same border die I'd used on the card front to embellish the inside and the envelope.  I added a sentiment label on the inside and a name label on the front of the envelope.  


While I had the 'Pop Pop Poppy' stamp still out on my desk I made a second card so I'll be sharing that here soon!  

Supplies:
Stamps: Penny Black 'Pop Pop Poppy', SU! 'Timeless Textures', Hero Arts 'Sending You Love' set
CS: PaperMania A6 white card blank, SU! Basic Black & Whisper White, watercolour paper
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! So Saffron, Soft Suede, SU! Wild Wasabi & Garden Green markers, Tim Holtz Worn Lipstick Distress Ink, black fineliner pen
Tools: Dymo label maker, MFT Die-namics 'Delicate Lace Border' die, Hero Arts Small Tag Frame Framelits die, Spellbinders Shapeabilities 'Fancy Framed Tags Two' die set, water brush, sponge dauber, water spritzer bottle
Embellishments & accessories: black metallic nailheads


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10