Wednesday 7 October 2015

September 2015 Card Group Projects

I'm back to blog the three cards we made at our September card group meeting.  There were two Christmas cards and one birthday card.  I just had to use some of my new gorgeous goodies that I'd got from the Stampin' Up! Autumn/Winter catalogue!

A "must have" item for me from the catalogue was the Woodland embossing folder featuring a beautiful birch trees design.  Using a brayer, I inked the inside of the folder with Soft Sky ink, embossed a piece of Whisper White CS, added highlights to the birch trees with a Marina Mist marker pen and adhered the embossed panel to the front of a Garden Green A6 card base.  As the Woodland folder features birch tree trunks I decided to stamp and die cut birch leaves from the Vintage Leaves stamp set.  I stamped in Garden Green ink onto Garden Green CS and popped the leaves up.  I stamped the sentiment onto a die cut banner which I curled a wee bit and I also popped that up.


Here's the inside and the envelope with simple stamping.


This Christmas card was made using the Embellished Ornaments bundle of stamps and dies.  The card has a very simple design and layout but the red foil CS gives a festive touch of luxury I think!  The white card base measures 5 1/4" square and I added a mat layer of Real Red CS.  I die cut a Pear Pizzazz plain ornament and added a fancy red foil CS ornament over the top with a bauble topper.  I threaded the ornament onto a length of gold cord and I taped the ends round the back of the patterned paper square.  I added 3D foam tape underneath the ornament - and also popped up the sentiment oval.  I punched three red foil CS circles and adhered those to the top right of the patterned paper and added three clear gems to the poinsettia in the centre of the ornament.  


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I stamped the holly image in Pear Pizzazz ink and then used a Real Red marker pen to add red to the berries.


This next Christmas card features another new Christmas set - the SU! 'Cozy Christmas' set.  I've paired my new set with an older snow globe stamp from my stash.  I stamped the snowflake background in Lost Lagoon ink onto a panel of Lost Lagoon CS, inked the edges with Early Espresso ink, added a strip of Island Indigo cotton ribbon and glued the panel to the front of an Island Indigo A6 card base.  I stamped The snow globe twice - once on Whisper White CS and once on kraft CS.  I stamped the scene inside the globe and added Smoky Slate marker highlights to give the illusion of glass.  I fussy cut both stamped pieces, inked the edges of the snow globe base and glued it over the top of the white shape.  I added PVA glue to the roof of the house and the ground and then sprinkled on some ultrafine glitter. I stamped the sentiment, fussy cut it, popped it up and also popped up the snow globe.  To complete the front I added two small punched snowflakes to the ribbon and placed a gem in the centre of each snowflake.   


Here's the inside and the envelope which shows off another beautiful sentiment from the Cozy Christmas set and the lovely bells image.  A shame I didn't remember to ink the white panel for the inside of the card - hey ho!


Supplies for With Best Wishes card:
Stamps: SU! 'Vintage Leaves' set, Hobby Art 'Sentiments' clear set
CS: SU! Garden Green, Soft Sky & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Garden Green & Soft Sky, SU! Marina Mist marker
Tools: SU! 'Woodland' embossing folder, SU! 'Leaflets' Framelits die, flagged banner die from MFT 'First Place Award' die set, brayer
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dimensionals


Supplies for ornament Christmas card:
Stamps: SU! 'Embellished Ornaments' set
CS: PaperMania white square card blank, SU! Pear Pizzazz, Real Red & Red Foil Sheet 

Patterned paper: SU! 'Season of Cheer' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Pear Pizzazz & Real Red
Tools: SU! 'Delicate Ornament' Thinlits dies, Petite Oval Nestabilities dies, 1/4" circle punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Gold Cording Trim, rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals


Supplies for snow globe Christmas card:
Stamps: SU! 'Cozy Christmas' set, Woodware 'Snowflakes & Sparkles', snow globe from Penny Black 'Sending Love' set
CS: SU! Island Indigo, Lost Lagoon, kraft & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Island Indigo, Lost Lagoon, Pool Party, Early Espresso & Soft Suede, Smoky Slate marker
Tools: X Cut snowflake punch, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Island Indigo cotton ribbon, crystal ultrafine glitter, SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif



No comments:

01 09 10