Friday 10 April 2015

Two Starry Cards For Glitter Pot Class

Last Saturday morning I ran a 'Starry Birthday Wish' class at the Glitter Pot featuring die cutting, stencilling, stamping and dry embossing.  I designed two cards, a pop up card plus a twisted easel card.

Here's the front of the pop up card.  I loved these bright cheery papers and couldn't decide which one to use so I opted for a split diagonal design so I could incorporate both papers!  The card base measures 5 1/4" square and I matted the diagonal paper panels on a Bazzill 'Bahama' CS layer.  I stacked three stars together into one element and popped that up.


Here's the inside of the card with the surprise pop up star element.  I stencilled the red star background onto a panel of white card by dabbing Festive Berries Distress Ink through the stencil using a Creative Expressions Smoothie sponge.  I layered the stencilled panel onto a blue CS mat, glued that in place and added some small punched blue stars.  The pop up support was made using a strip of red CS that was scored three times so that the strip had four equal size sections and then the strip was glued into place.  The three stars were adhered together and then glued to the pop up support.  The pop up element folds flat when the card is closed - a fab feature!  I added a strip of dotty paper, some punched stars and a popped up sentiment to complete the card.   


Here's the A6 sized twisted easel card.  It's so easy to make a twisted easel card, it requires just one half of an A4 piece of CS (cut lengthways) and two score lines, one at the halfway point and then a diagonal score line.  I dry embossed a panel of Tim Holtz Stormy Sky Distress CS with the X Cut 3D Stars folder, scuffed the embossing with a sanding block to bring out the detail and glued the panel into place.  I cut a piece of dotty paper diagonally to fit on the front of the twisted easel part, adhered that and added the popped up die cut and punched stars.  I stamped and popped up the sentiment element to act as a stop for the easel.  I coloured just a few of the stars around the sentiment with a red ProMarker.   


It was a really fun morning, there were a couple of  ladies new to the world of card making and I so enjoyed sharing the techniques of stamping, die cutting, punching and dry embossing with them and witnessing their excitement.  I've been card making for well over ten years now but still get a real buzz when I see that excitement and enthusiasm, it's just so infectious!  The ladies who come on the Glitter Pot classes are fabulous, I love that they're always willing to help each other out with supplies, advice, tips and techniques.  I think I've learned something new on each class!  All of us in the class room are always willing to help with the crafty shopping lists too of course!

Supplies for pop up card:
Stamps: Dovecraft 'Celebrate' clear stamp
CS: Glitter Pot Thick White Card, Bazzill 'Bahama' & 'Kisses', silver mirri card

Patterned paper: Echo Park Birthday Wishes - Boy Birthday 'Dots' & 'Hats', Simple Stories Color Vibe Lights - 'Mint'
Ink: Tim Holtz Festive Berries Distress Ink
Tools: Nestabilities 'Stars' die set, star punches, Imagination Crafts 'Random Stars' stencil, Creative Expressions Smoothie sponge
Embellishments & accessories: 3D foam tape & pads


Supplies for twisted easel card:
Stamps: Dovecraft 'Celebrate' clear stamp
CS: Bazzill 'Kisses', Tim Holtz 'Stormy Sky' Distressed CS, silver mirri card, Glitter Pot Thick White Card

Patterned paper: Simple Stories Color Vibe Lights - 'Mint'
Ink: Tim Holtz 'Stormy Sky' Distress Ink, 'Ruby' ProMarker
Tools: Nestabilities 'Stars' die set, X Cut 'Stars' 3D embossing folder, star punches, sanding block
Embellishments & accessories: 3D foam tape & pads 


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10