Wednesday 15 April 2015

Flourishes & Flowers Birthday Wishes Card

A while ago I saw a card I really liked on a Facebook page using a background stamp and a die that I have in my stash and I knew I'd have to CASE it and make my own version.  The original card was very pretty in a lovely soft pink.  I do love pink but I'm loving aqua more these days so I decided to make my card aqua and white with a dollop of black.  I'm a huge fan of including some black or dark brown when I'm using softer colours, I think it adds a fabulous pop!  My good friends Jan and Wendy really liked this card when they saw it and chose to make it when they last came to me for a crafty card making get together.

I stamped the Penny Black 'Majestic Composition' background stamp onto Pool Party CS using Pool Party ink, stamped the sentiment, trimmed the panel to size, inked the edges with Coastal Cabana ink and layered onto a black mat.  I glued a black strip of CS to the right side of the card and added a white die cut border.   I die cut two black flourishes using the MFT Die-Namics 'Medium Fancy Flourish' die, trimmed one shape down a bit and glued the pieces to the card making sure I left some portions without glue to add dimension.  I stamped, punched and shaped the flowers and popped them up.  I added aqua gems to the flowers and the die cut border to complete the card front.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I'm totally miffed that I forgot to ink the edges of my Pool Party sentiment panel!  I had a piece of a flourish die cut left over so I used that to decorate the envelope flap.  I cut the piece apart, glued the two pieces down and added the flower.  


Supplies:
Stamps: Penny Black 'Majestic Composition', SU! 'Flower Shop' & 'Petite Petals' sets, Personal Impressions 'Large Everyday Messages' clear set, Hero Arts 'Yummy Treats' clear set
CS: SU! Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, Basic Black & Whisper White, Glitter Pot thick white card
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, SU! Pool Party & Coastal Cabana
Tools: MFT Die-Namics 'Medium Fancy Flourish' die, Memory Box 'Charlotte' border die & 'Cross Stitched Frame Borders' die set, SU! 'Pansy' & 'Petite Petals' punches, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: PaperMania aqua gems, SU! Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif





No comments:

01 09 10