Tuesday 24 February 2015

Yellow Rosy Birthday Card

My sweet friend Wendy asked if she could make a Mother's Day card when she next came to my place to make a card.  Wendy's mum loves roses, her favourite colour is yellow and Wendy wanted to make a square card so that was part of the design sorted!

Wendy came over on Saturday morning and this is the card I'd made - I made my card for a birthday though, rather than for Mother's Day.  I dry embossed a piece of Bazzill Bling 'Hollywood' CS, mounted that onto a Basic Gray mat, added the ribbons and adhered the panel to the front of a 5 3/4" square Pool Party card base.  I stamped the large solid roses with stamped off once Daffodil Delight ink and the large outline roses with Memento Cantaloupe ink.  For the small flowers I used stamped off once Pool Party ink followed by Coastal Cabana ink and for the leaves I used stamped off once Pear Pizzazz ink followed by Old Olive ink.  I die cut and adhered the stitched square panels, stamped the sentiment and arranged the fussy cut flowers and leaves - popping up the flowers.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I always enjoy stamping with the beautiful SU! 'Stippled Blossoms' two step stamping set!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Stippled Blossoms' set, 'Birthday Greetings' from SU! 'Wetlands' set, Stampendous 'Sending Wishes'
CS: SU! Pool Party, Basic Gray & Whisper White, Bazzill Bling 'Hollywood'
Ink: SU! Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, Pear Pizzazz & Old Olive, Memento Cantaloupe & Gray Flannel
Tools: Memory Box 'Stitched Square Layers' dies, PaperMania 'Victorian Fleur' embossing folder
Embellishments & accessories: aqua crochet trim, SU! Daffodil Delight stitched ribbon, SU! Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10