Friday 27 February 2015

A Trio Of Triple Time Stamped Cards For A Glitter Pot Class

On Thursday afternoon I ran a Triple Time Stamping class at the Glitter Pot using the Penny Black 'Petal Party' stamp set.  Triple Time Stamping is a fab technique, really effective and is so easy to achieve!  You cut three panels (that are to be stamped on) to the size you need, use temporary adhesive to stack the three layers together and then stamp on all three panels at the same time.  As you're stamping on more than one layer it's very likely that you'll get gaps in the ink around the edges - but fear not!  You now permanently adhere each stamped panel to a mat layer - making sure to get the panels the right way round so that the stamped design marries up - and the mat layers hide any gaps, marvellous!

There's a measurement formula you can choose to follow with the triple time stamping technique to make it easier.  I'll give you my mat and stamped layer measurements and you'll see that the formula is to decrease panel sizes by 1".  

For the 'Life is Beautiful' card mat layers were cut to:
5 1/4" square
4 1/4" square
3 1/4" square

White stamped layers were cut to cut to: 
5" square
4" square
3" square 

For the 'Smiles' card a C6 sized card was trimmed to 5 3/4" tall and mat layers were cut to:
5 3/4" x 4 1/8" (to cover entire card front)
3 1/2" x 3"
2 1/2" x 2"

White stamped layers were cut to:
4 1/4" x 3 3/4"
3 1/4" x 2 3/4"
2 1/4" x 1 3/4"

For the 'Dream' card a C6 sized card was trimmed to 5 3/4" wide and mat layers were cut to:
5 3/4" x 4 1/8"
4 3/4" x 3 1/8"
3 3/4" x 2 1/8" 

White stamped layers were cut to:
5 1/2" x 3 7/8"
4 1/2" x 2 7/8"
3 1/2" x 1 7/8"

For the 'Life is Beautiful' card I cut three squares of white card (3", 4" and 5"), used removable tape to keep my stack of three panels in place, stamped the outline flower and stem in VersaFine Spanish Moss ink, stamped the sentiment and solid flower in VersaFine Deep Lagoon ink and then adhered the stamped panels to mat layers of Bazzill Bahama CS.  The largest blue mat measures 5 1/4" square and was glued to the front of a white 5 1/4" card base.  I then stamped two leaves and a flower on another piece of card, fussy cut them, shaped them and popped them up.  To finish off I popped up pale green Candi Dots on the flower centres.


I made the second card rectangular, starting off with an A6 sized card base which I trimmed so it was 5 3/4" tall.  After stacking the three white layers together with removable tape I stamped several outline leaf images in VersaFine Smokey Grey ink.  Before gluing the stamped panels to the aqua card mats I inked the edges with Peacock Feathers Distress Ink - which I also did for the sentiment panel.  I added the grey dotty grosgrain ribbon to the largest aqua panel before gluing the panel to the front of my card base.  I stamped three outline flowers onto aqua card, fussy cut them, inked the edges, shaped them and popped them up.  To embellish each flower centre I popped up a silver Candi Dot and then added three aqua gems to each Candi Dot.  


I took my Woodware 'Indian Summer' and 'Indian Flowers' stamps with me as I thought they would be ideal for this technique - I tried it and it was a success!  I didn't have time to make an actual card but there was enough time for the ladies to stamp their three panels.  They took the panels away with them, together with the mat layer panels I cut, so they can finish another Triple Time Stamped card at their leisure at home.  

Yesterday I stamped the 'Indian Summer' background stamp on my three panels using Memento Grape Jelly ink but that's as far as I got.  I spent some time in my craft room this morning and finished the card.  The ladies went home with purple CS mat layers but I didn't cut any for myself  so I had a rootle in my stash to find a different colour to use.  The Indian theme of the stamps prompted me to opt for a bright jewel like turquoise to go with the purple - in real life the colour is brighter  than the photo shows!  Before gluing the stamped panels to the mat layers I inked the edges with Grape Jelly ink.  I stamped a flower from the 'Indian Flowers' set in VersaFine Onyx Black ink onto the turquoise CS and heat embossed with clear powder.  I fussy cut the flower, stamped the sentiment and popped up the flower.  To complete the card I added some purple gems underneath 'Dream'.  

  
I really hope the ladies enjoyed the classes I ran on Thursday - I know I spent a fab day with them!  

Supplies for 'Life is Beautiful' card:
Stamps: Penny Black 'Petal Party' clear set
CS: Glitter Pot thick white card, Woodware white Linen Effect card, Bazzill 'Bahama' card
Ink: VersaFine 'Spanish Moss' & 'Deep Lagoon'
Tools: flower shaper & moulding mat

Embellishments & accessories: Craftwork Cards Candi Dots, 3D foam pads 

Supplies for 'Smiles' card:
Stamps: Penny Black 'Petal Party' clear set
CS: Glitter Pot thick white card, Woodware white Linen Effect card, Doodlebug 'Dragonfly' card
Ink: VersaFine Smokey Grey, Tim Holtz Peacock Feathers Distress Ink
Tools: flower shaper & moulding mat, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: Craftwork Cards 'Regal Silver' Card Candi, PaperMania aqua gems, 3D foam pads 


Supplies for 'Dream' card:
Stamps: Woodware 'Indian Summer' background stamp & 'Indian Flowers' stamp set
CS: Glitter Pot thick white card, Woodware white Linen Effect card

Patterned paper: Bo Bunny 'Turquoise' Double Dot Textured Paper (non dotty side used)
Ink: Memento Grape Jelly, VersaFine Onyx Black & VersaMagic Turquoise Gem chalk ink
Tools: heat tool, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: purple gems, 3D foam pads 


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10