Wednesday 18 February 2015

Pink Woodgrain & Chloe Stem Birthday Wishes Card

It's no secret that I love the SU! Hardwood stamp but I've tended to stick with using Soft Suede ink on Crumb Cake CS to get a good faux wood look.  While in the class room at the Glitter Pot recently a card on display really caught my eye - it was a black and white card and had pink woodgrain.  It also used dies that I just happen to have in my stash so it was easy for me to CASE the card!

To create my pretty pink woodgrain I stamped with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink onto Pink Pirouette CS - oh, I love that combo!  I inked the square and oval woodgrain panels and the sentiment oval with the Distress ink applied with a sponge dauber.  I popped up the sentiment element over the strip of black and white gingham ribbon.  I die cut three Chloe Stems in black CS, popped them up and blinged them with pale pink gems.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  This birthday card was sent out to my sister-in-law in Spain, I hope she liked it!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Hardwood' background stamp, 'birthday wishes' from Personal Impressions 'Medium Everyday Messages' set, inside sentiment from Hero Arts 'Yummy Treats' set
CS: SU! Pink Pirouette, Basic Black & Whisper White
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, Ranger Tim Holtz 'Victorian Velvet' Distress Ink
Tools: Memory Box 'Chloe Stem' die, Sizzix 'Wavy Labels' Framelits die set, circle Nestabilities dies, SU! plain oval punch, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: black & white gingham ribbon, PaperMania pink gems, 3D foam tape & dots


 photo RoseRuth.gif

1 comment:

Sally H said...

Two really stunning cards, Ruth! The woodgrain looks fabulous in pink! Very elegant!

01 09 10