Saturday 14 February 2015

Mod Square Background & Hearts Happy Valentine's Day Card

This is the Valentine's card I gave to my hubby Owen, made using simple stamping, die cutting and punching - and his fave combo of black, white and red!  I cut a square of black CS and then cut out the squares using my new Poppystamps 'Mod Square Background' die.  I used the 'Surely Stitched Square' die to get the three red narrow strips.  I stamped the sentiment in VersaMark, heat embossed it with Red Tinsel powder, cut it out using a 'Cross Stitched Frame Border' die and I popped it up.  I die cut the 'Mod Square Background' again using red glitter CS and inset red squares into six of the smaller square apertures.  I popped up punched hearts inside the larger square apertures and that completed the front.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I'm very happy to say Owen loved his card!  


I'm at the Glitter Pot today running a class and I'm really looking forward to spending a day with a bunch of lovely ladies!  I'll share the cards I made for the class here on the blog in a few days. 

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Wacky Wishes' set
CS: PaperMania white square card blank, SU! Basic Black & Whisper White, SU! Red Glimmer Paper
Ink: VersaMark
Tools: Poppystamps 'Mod Square Background' die, Memory Box 'Surely Stitched Square' die, Memory Box 'Cross Stitched Frame Borders' die, Woodware heart punches, heat tool
Embellishments & accessories: Stampendous Red Tinsel embossing powder, 3D foam pads


 photo RoseRuth.gif


No comments:

01 09 10