Thursday 26 February 2015

Getting In A Spin At The Glitter Pot - Two Spinner Class Cards

What a grey and rainy day today was - perfect crafting weather!  This morning I ran a class at the Glitter Pot - the lovely ladies who came along got in a spin with me as I ran a Spinner Cards class.  I love how fun these cards are and it's great fun sharing them with other card makers!  To make a spinner card you sandwich thin thread between two back to back shapes and suspend the element within an aperture.  Before placing the card in an envelope you twist the thread a few times and then when the recipient opens the card the element spins round. These are perfect cards for youngsters - and for those adults who are still very much young at heart!

This square card features a hot air balloon spinner element.  I applied Stormy Sky and Tumbled Glass Distress Inks to a die cut rectangle and glued that on the inside of the card.  I die cut some clouds, edged each cloud with Stormy Sky ink and glued those to the rectangle panel - I love how they look behind the suspended balloon!

Before the class started I bought some new ink blending sponges (Smoothies made by Creative Expressions) so we could try them out on the class.  The packaging said "perfect ink blending every time" and I wanted to know if they'd live up to that claim!  The Smoothies are egg shaped, latex sponges, very comfortable to hold - and they are brilliant, we were very impressed!  I tried a Smoothie with a stencil, just dabbing ink with the sponge through the stencil and the results were impressive there too!


For the other spinner card I chose a very springlike colour combo and suspended a butterfly as a spinner element.  I inked the edges of the yellow paper and the the sentiment panel with Dusty Concord Distress Ink. I added a cluster of punched flowers and finished off the card with some yellow pearls.  


A yellow and purple combo always make me think of Spring - must be those lovely pansy colours!  I'm particularly fond of these tiny violas in yellow and purple with the adorable name of "Johnny Jump Up"!



In the afternoon I ran a Triple Time Stamping class - stay tuned, I'll share those cards very soon!

Supplies for balloon card:
Stamps: Woodware 'Double Birthdays'
CS: Glitter Pot Thick White Card, Glitter Pot black card

Patterned paper: Pebbles Special Delivery Boy 'Little Star'
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, Stormy Sky & Tumbled Glass Distress Inks
Tools: Memory Box 'Beautiful Balloon' & 'Puffy Clouds' dies, rectangle Nestabilities dies, Woodware regular star punch, Creative Expressions Smoothies ink blending sponges

Embellishments & accessories: thin beading thread

Supplies for butterfly card:
Stamps: Woodware 'Double Birthdays'
CS: Glitter Pot Thick White Card, 'Wisteria' & 'Purple Majesty' Core'dinations

Patterned paper: Doodlebug Springtime 'Spring Things'
Ink: Dusty Concord Distress Ink
Tools: Memory Box 'Isabella Butterfly' & 'Pippi Butterfly' dies, circle Nestabilities dies, Woodware regular flower punch, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: thin beading thread, yellow pearls


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10