Thursday 29 January 2015

Two Woodgrain Any Occasion Cards

Angela and Janet will be with me later on for an afternoon of card making.  The ladies requests were to use the SU! Hardwood stamp and to make two cards.  As they'll be making two cards I've kept to simple designs and straightforward techniques.

First up is this grid layout card featuring stamping, punching and die cutting - simples!  I stamped the Hardwood onto Crumb Cake CS with Soft Suede ink and was able to cut all four squares at the same time thanks to a 1 7/8" squares grid die.  I glued a Rich Razzleberry mat layer to the front of the 5 1/4" square cream card, inked the edges of each wood square and popped them up.  I stamped the butterflies with Rich Razzleberry ink onto Coastal Cabana CS, punched them out and glued them to the wood squares making sure to lift the wings up.  A stamped and punched circle element completed the card front.


Here's the inside and the envelope.


For card two, as with card one, I stamped the Hardwood stamp onto Crumb Cake CS with Soft Suede ink.  The wood grain detail looks stronger on this card because I re-inked my Soft Suede ink pad after making the first card.  I stamped the silhouette with VersaMark ink onto the wood panel and heat embossed with white powder - white heat embossing on kraft card is definitely a fave look of mine!  I trimmed the wood panel to size, inked the edges with Soft Suede ink, added the gingham ribbon and adhered the wood panel to a white CS mat layer.  I then adhered that layer to the front of an A6 Tempting Turquoise card base.  Blimey, it has been a LONG time since I've used turquoise - I think I fell in love with the newer blues from SU! and neglected Tempting Turquoise!  I stamped and punched the sentiment element, popped that up and sprinkled on a few turquoise gems to finish the front.


For the inside and envelope I stamped the gorgeous silhouette in Soft Suede ink.  I snapped this Hero Arts 'Wildflower Garden' set up from the ex demo/class sale section at the Glitter Pot - a beautiful bargain!  



Supplies for 'to you from me' card:
Stamps: SU! 'Hardwood' background stamp, 'Papillon Potpourri' & 'Best Yet' sets, Personal Impressions 'Medium Everyday Messages' clear set
CS: PaperMania cream square card blank, SU! Crumb Cake, Rich Razzleberry, Coastal Cabana & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Soft Suede & Rich Razzleberry
Tools: Sizzix 1 7/8" Squares Grid Works Thinlits die, SU! 'Elegant Butterfly' & 'Bitty Butterfly' punches, circle punches, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: 3D foam tape


Supplies for 'Warm Wishes' card:
Stamps: SU! 'Hardwood' background stamp, Hero Arts 'Wildflower Garden' cling set, Personal Impressions 'Medium Everyday Messages' clear set
CS: SU! Tempting Turquoise, Crumb Cake & Whisper White
Ink: VersaMark, SU! Soft Suede
Tools: SU! plain & scalloped oval punches, heat tool, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: white embossing powder, Woodware turquoise gingham ribbon, Kaisercraft turquoise gems, SU! Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10