Tuesday 6 January 2015

Snowman Hat With Love Floating Front Card

I love snowmen images and find it almost impossible to resist a cheery snowman stamp.  I bought this wonderful 'Love the Hat' stamp a bit before Christmas but didn't get time to make a Christmas card with it so I decided I'd use it to make a 'just because' floating front card for hubby.

To make the floating front card base I used Real Red CS measuring 10" x 7" and scored at 2 1/2", 5" and 7 1/2" - the finished card measures 7" x 5".  I stamped a tone on tone background of snowflakes using Real Red ink.  I bought a few sheets of paper from the Authentique 'Cozy' collection as I loved the colour combo of kraft, soft blue and a hint of red.  I stamped the snowman several times on different papers and fussy cut the sections to paper piece the hat.  I gave my snowman some rosy cheeks by adding a bit of Spun Sugar Distress Ink.  I added red Stickles here and there on the hat, the hat brim and bobble got some Stardust Stickles and I put Orange Peel Stickles on his carrot nose.  The sentiment element was easily made with punched circles and I replaced the 'o' in LOVE with a tiny punched red sparkly heart.


Here's a closer look at the snowman. 


Here's the back of the card.  One of the papers in the Authentique 'Cozy' collection had lots of word elements - I loved the 'We go together like winter and a sweater'.  I cut the text box, glued it to the white panel, drew red lines with a Real Red marker and added two punched red sparkly hearts


Here's the front of the envelope with a 'Baby it's warm inside' text element cut from one of the patterned papers.  I added a punched red sparkly heart to the owl to finish.  I'm very happy to say Owen loved his 'just because' card!


Supplies:
Stamps: Woodware 'Love the Hat' & 'Snowflakes & Sparkles' stamps, Personal Impressions 'Medium Everyday Messages' set
CS: SU! Real Red & Whisper White, Red Glimmer Paper

Patterned paper: various from Authentique 'Cozy' collection
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Tim Holtz Spun Sugar Distress Ink, SU! Real Red & Smoky Slate markers
Tools: circle punches, SU! 'Heart to Heart' punch, SU! Owl Builder punch (for tiny hearts), Simply Scored board, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: Xmas Red, Stardust & Orange Peel Stickles, SU! Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif


No comments:

01 09 10