Wednesday 21 January 2015

Lotus Blossom Thank You Card

When I saw the SU! Sale-A-Bration catalogue I was really intrigued by the Lotus Blossom stamp set.  I've always loved two step stamping and with this set you actually build your flower by stamping three times - this gives an even more detailed look which is fabulous!

I dry embossed a piece of Very Vanilla CS, layered that onto a Cherry Cobbler mat and glued the panel to the front of a Wild Wasabi A6 sized card.  I stamped the stem and sentiment direct to a piece of Very Vanilla CS and cut it out with a die from the Apothecary Accents set.  I stamped the flower head on a separate piece of CS, fussy cut it and popped it up.  I stamped the first image in full strength Cherry Cobbler ink, stamped the second image in stamped off Cherry Cobbler ink and stamped the solid image in Blushing Bride ink.  I used Pistachio Pudding and Wild Wasabi inks to stamp the stem.  Using a larger die from the set I cut a Cherry Cobbler shape, glued that in place and popped up the Very Vanilla shape.  I completed the card front  by adding a couple of Wild Wasabi Candy Dots.


Here's the inside and the envelope with a couple more of those pretty blossoms.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Lotus Blossom' set
CS: SU! Wild Wasabi, Cherry Cobbler & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Blushing Bride, Cherry Cobbler, Pistachio Pudding & Wild Wasabi
Tools: SU! 'Apothecary Accents' Framelits die set, 'Decorative Dots' embossing folder, circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Wild Wasabi Candy Dots, Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif


No comments:

01 09 10