Thursday 15 January 2015

Holly Branch & Ornament Season's Greetings Card - CASE-ing Christmas Challenge #2

My friend, the amazing crafty whirlwind known as Mynn, has set up a new Christmas card challenge blog called CASE-ing Christmas.  Somehow, I managed to miss the first challenge but I was determined to play along with challenge #2.  I had to get a shift on as there were only a few hours left to take part in the challenge!  This week we're to CASE this beautiful card made by Pat. I chose to be inspired by the layout, the dry embossing and the swirly flourish.

 

I love getting some new Christmas goodies in the sales and because I want to play with my new bargains it encourages me to start making my Christmas cards early!  I've used two of my new bargains on this card, the stamp and die combo set and the holly branch die.  I went very traditional in my colour choices opting for Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Very Vanilla and some sparkly gold.  The card is A6 sized, the Very Vanilla banner is dry embossed with a snowflake swirl folder and the ornament and sentiment strip are both popped up.  I added some deep red crystals as holly berries to complete the card front.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  For the inside I cut the holly branch in Old Olive CS and added red nailheads as berries.  I used the same gorgeous embossing folder that I'd used on the card front to emboss the envelope flap - a very simple yet elegant touch I think.  So that's my first Christmas card for 2015 made.


Supplies:
Stamps: Sizzix 'Ornaments #3' stamps & dies set, Hero Arts 'Holiday Cheer' clear set
CS: SU! Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Gold Glimmer Paper

Patterned paper: Echo Park Style Essentials 'Green Damask'
Ink: SU! Cherry Cobbler & Old Olive
Tools: Framelits dies from Sizzix 'Ornaments #3' stamps & dies set, Die-Versions Whispers 'Holly Branch' die, Darice 'Snowflake Swirl' embossing folder
Embellishments & accessories: red Swarovski crystals, red nailheads, SU! Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

6 comments:

Judy V said...

Hi Ruth! Beautiful card! Love the sparkly gold and red jewels for the berries! Thanks for joining us at CASE-ing Christmas!

Mynn xx said...

JAW ON FLOOR. Ruth, this is totally STUNNING! I LOVE the gorgeous gold glittery swirls and the beautiful jewels--so much shine! Thanks for joining us at CASE-ing Christmas! I hope you join us again soon! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Unknown said...

Love your take on Pats card, the embossed panel is fab and the glitter swirl adds a real pop. Thanks for joining us at CASE-ing Christmas.
Lorry :o) xx

Rosmarie said...

Hi, Ruth,
Great take on Pat's card! - Love the glittery swirl and the shiny berries, ...and als always, the inside is as beautiful as the outside!!
Happy New Year to you!
Rosi x

Pat said...

Great case of my card! I love the gold and the envelope too! Great idea! Thanks you for joining in with CASE-ing for Christmas! Pat (DT) x

Unknown said...

OMG Ruth! This is gorgeous! Love the glitter gold holly and the ornament. The inside is just as beautiful as the outside! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the CASE-ing Christmas Challenge! Hope to see you again!

01 09 10