Wednesday 14 January 2015

Floral 60th Birthday Flip Card

Yesterday Angela celebrated her 60th birthday and here's the flip card I made for her.  I took my colour combo from a few of the the colours in the gorgeous patterned paper.  The flowers are from a brand new Woodware set called 'Flower Head Selection' - well, a set of different flower stamps just had to go into my basket to be added to my stash!

I die cut the twister card from Blackberry Bliss CS, glued the patterned paper mat layers on and then stamped and fussy cut three flowers.   I stamped the flowers with Crushed Curry, Blushing Bride, Lost Lagoon and Blackberry Bliss inks and I used punches to cut out circles for the flower centres.  I fussy cut the flower heads, shaped them and popped them up.  To complete the card front I punched and layered Lost Lagoon and Blushing Bride CS photo corners and added a yellow pearl to each corner.


Here's the other side of the flip element with a 60th birthday sentiment stamped onto a die cut oval.


Here's the back of the card and the envelope flap.  I'm really happy that the Flip-It Card set includes dies that cut the perfect sized layers to mat on the card base - fabulous!  I added a die cut butterfly with rhinestones next to the sentiment and I popped up the flower on the envelope flap.


Supplies:
Stamps: Woodware 'Flower Head Selection' set, SU! 'Morning Meadow' & 'Memorable Moments' sets, Hero Arts 'Yummy Treats' clear set
CS: SU! Blackberry Bliss, Lost Lagoon, Blushing Bride & Whisper White

Patterned paper: Basic Grey RSVP 'Sprinkles'
Ink: SU! Blackberry Bliss, Lost Lagoon, Blushing Bride & Crushed Curry
Tools: Sizzix 'Card, Fancy Frame Flip-It's #2' Framelits die set, SU! Photo Corners punch, Petite Oval Nestabilities die, SU! Beautiful Wings Embosslits die, various sized circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: yellow pearls, SU! rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10