Monday 26 January 2015

Dotty Flowers Birthday Card & Gift Box

My sweet friend Wendy came over on Saturday morning to make a birthday card and matching gift box.  Here's the completed ensemble.


The 5 3/4" square card was made with Rich Razzleberry CS and I added Old Olive and Pool Party hexagons, embossing the Pool Party shape with a Leafy Swirls folder.  I bought the hexagon dies recently as I wanted another shape option to add to my circle, square, rectangle and oval dies - I'm really liking them so far!  I stamped the three sizes of flower in VersaMark ink onto dotty paper,  embossed them with white embossing powder, fussy cut them, shaped them and stacked them together with a pearl brad.  I die cut and shaped the leaves, adhered them in place and popped the flower up.  I added small punched flowers to the sentiment label, popped the label up and added some aqua pearls to complete the card front.

   
Here's the inside and the envelope.  I used the Petal Chain border punch to decorate the inside of the card.


Here's the 3 1/4" x 3 1/4" x 2 1/2" gift box made with the Gift Box Punch Board.  As I'm not fond of an interlocking closure for the top of a box I made a belly band which slides on and off.  I used the Petal Chain border punch I'd used on the inside of the card to decorate the belly band and I popped the flower up.


Here's the top of the box.  For the envelope and box I stamped the dotty flowers onto Pool Party CS with Rich Razzleberry ink.  I then filled in the dots with a Rich Razzleberry marker.  I stacked the flowers, attaching the layers together with a plain brad base in the centre.  I coloured a white pearl with the darkest Rich Razzleberry Blendabilities pen and added that to the brad base.  


Crafting, chatting, laughing and lunch including a blueberry muffin - what a lovely time we both had!

Supplies:
Stamps: Woodware 'Dotty Flowers' set, SU! 'Curly Cute' set, Penny Black 'Lovely Day'
CS: SU! Rich Razzleberry (A4 & 12" x 12"), Pool Party, Old Olive & Whisper White

Patterned paper: Bo Bunny 'Boysenberry' Double Dot
Ink: VersaMark, SU! Rich Razzleberry ink pad & marker, Rich Razzleberry dark Blendabilities pen
Tools: Sizzix 'Hexagons' & 'Charms, Fancy' Framelits die sets, Crafts Too 'Leafy Swirl' square embossing folder,  WRMK/SU! Gift Box Punch Board, SU! 'Simply Scored' board, Woodware 'Petal Chain' Deep Lever Border Punch, Woodware multi flower punch, paper piercer
Embellishments & accessories: SU! brad bases & pearl jewels, aqua pearls, SU! Dimensionals


 photo RoseRuth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10