Saturday 22 November 2014

Glittered NOEL Card

A traditional red and green Christmas card - here's proof that I do make those occasionally!  I've created my version of a very pretty, sparkly card I saw on display at the Glitter Pot using the Crafty Impressions 'Noel' stamp set.  I haven't glittered an entire stamped panel in such a long time, it's good to revisit old techniques now and then to remind yourself how much fun they are!

I coloured the stamped NOEL panel with ProMarkers, covered it with a piece of double sided adhesive sheet, peeled off the backing to reveal the sticky side and sprinkled on ultrafine crystal glitter.  After tipping off the excess glitter I firmly pressed a piece of kitchen paper over the glittered panel so that the glitter stays in place and doesn't shed.  I layered onto a Garden Green mat, followed that with a Real Red mat and I glued the panel to the front of a Garden Green A6 sized card.  I added the pretty holly ribbon, popped up the die cut shiny gold bells and added some red gems.


Here's the inside and the front of the envelope.  I coloured the tiny holly berries with a ProMarker. 


Supplies:
Stamps: Crafty Impressions 'Noel' clear set, Hero Arts 'Very Merry Christmas' clear set
CS: SU! Garden Green, Real Red, Basic Black & Whisper White, gold mirri CS

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Garden Green & Real Red, Pine & Cardinal Red ProMarkers
Tools: 'Bells' CottageCutz Petites die
Embellishments & accessories: Woodware double sided adhesive sheet, Crystal Clear Glamour Dust glitter, holly patterned ribbon, PaperMania red gems, 3D foam pads


 photo RoseRuth.gif


1 comment:

Sally H said...

A gorgeous Christmas card, Ruth! Wonderful inside and out!

01 09 10