Monday 20 October 2014

Sparkly Pine Cones Aperture Season's Greetings Card

This lovely Christmas card made by Maree Streeter really caught my eye when I saw it on Pinterest and I saved it to my 'Cards to CASE' board.  I love the mix of the Hardwood stamp with the winter foliage, the square aperture and the fact that the card has a wow design, but being flat, is perfect for posting.  Maree used the new SU! 'Ornamental Pine' set for her card but my trusty, long retired 'Peaceful Wishes' set was a good alternative!

I stamped the Hardwood stamp onto a panel of Soft Sky CS using Smoky Slate ink, inked the edges with Smoky Slate ink and glued the panel to a Soft Sky A6 sized card base.  I cut out the square aperture, inked the edges, stamped the sentiment in Early Espresso ink and added three punched snowflakes cut from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper. 


Here's the inside of the card.  I cut a panel of white CS, placed my mountain/valley plastic stencil down, dusted Summer Sky ink at the top and stamped the foliage, pine cones and sentiment. I inked the edges of the panel with Smoky Slate ink and glued it to the inside of the card.  Lastly, I applied Star Dust Stickles to the foliage and  pine cones for that all important seasonal sparkle!


I used stamps and punches to make the circle element to decorate the envelope flap.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Hardwood' background stamp & 'Peaceful Wishes' set, Hero Arts 'Holiday Cheer' clear set, Hero Arts 'Joyful Christmas Season' cling set
CS: SU! Soft Sky & Whisper White, SU! Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper
Ink: SU! Smoky Slate, Old Olive & Early Espresso, Memento Summer Sky
Tools: Square Nestabilities die, circle punches, X Cut snowflake punch, Inkylicious ink duster brush & mountain/valley stencil, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: Star Dust Stickles 


 photo RoseRuth.gif

1 comment:

Maree said...

Hi Ruth!

Thank you for your comment on my blog and for crediting me her on your blog :)
Your card is stunning!!!
xox

01 09 10