Saturday 20 September 2014

Dangly Ornament Merry Christmas Card - Merry Monday Challenge #126

A second post from me today because I'm playing along with the Merry Monday #126 challenge where the sentiment must be the star of your Christmas card. A perfect opportunity for me to use my Hero Arts 'Big Merry Christmas' stamp again - I bought it ages ago in a sale and I've only used it once!  I don't recall making a Christmas card before where the sentiment is the star of the show so a perfect opportunity to try something new too!

 

My starting point was to dry emboss white CS with a snowflakes folder and adhere that to the front of a 5 1/4" square white card base.  I stamped the sentiment in silver ink onto Rose Red CS and heat embossed it with silver powder.  I stamped and fussy cut the ornament and added an eyelet so I could dangle the ornament from the sentiment with thread.  I went very old school setting my eyelet, choosing to use my hole punch, hammer and setting tool rather than the Crop-A-Dile - I'd forgotten how satisfying bashing with a hammer can be LOL!  I pierced two holes by the letter 'E' and attached the ornament, tying the silver thread in a knot behind the pierced holes and I then added a bow tied with silver cord.  I layered the Rose Red CS strip onto a sparkly silver CS mat, popped that up on the card front and added some rhinestones to the dangly ornament.


More stamping on the inside of the card and on the front of the envelope finished off the card.

EDITED TO ADD: I'm chuffed to bits that I got an Honourable Mention for this card! 
Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts 'Big Merry Christmas' stamp, PaperMania Home For Christmas 'Baubles' set, Hero Arts 'Holiday Cheer' clear set
CS: PaperMania square white card blank, SU! Rose Red & Whisper White, SU! Silver Glimmer Paper
Ink: Encore silver pigment ink, SU! Rose Red & Smoky Slate
Tools: Cuttlebug snowflakes embossing folder, hole punch, hammer & eyelet setter, heat tool, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig

Embellishments & accessories: silver embossing powder, silver eyelet, silver thread, silver cord, SU! rhinestone jewels, 3D foam tape



 photo RoseRuth.gif
 

9 comments:

Bonnie said...

Oh, Ruth, this is so pretty! And the inside is as pretty as the front! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Kristie Goulet said...

Oh, Ruth, I just LOVE this! So pretty, great job on the inside too! Thank you for sharing with us at Merry Monday from your newest follower. :)

laurie said...

That is an awesome stamp..I think you should use it more often! What a great card!

Greta said...

Oh what a beauty! Love this card!

Jessi Fogan said...

How I love this! The sparkly border is such a great way to draw the eye to the sentiment - and that ornament with the gemstones is gorgeous. Love the embossing too!

Lori Turner said...

Oh wow, Ruth! This is so pretty! Love all the embossing - dry and heat! AWESOME! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week xoxox

LeAnne said...

Love that big sentiment....beautifully embossed, and your ornament is a perfect ornament, LOL! Thanks for playing with the Merry Monday challenge this week!

Notes by Nina said...

So pretty, I love the embossing. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Jen Mitchell said...

I love sparkly cards and texture too, so you know I love this beauty! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

01 09 10