Friday 18 July 2014

Buds For You Card

My SU! order arrived a few days ago and I was itching to use some new goodies - I managed to use my new Hey There Buds, I Love Lace and Hello There stamps plus my new Island Indigo cotton ribbon all on this one card!  This card went to Jan and Alan to say thank you for Owen's birthday gift.  

I love the floral image but I'm not all that keen on the 'Hey There' wording so I cut that off before mounting the stamp on the wood block - I have kept it though just in case I do want to stamp it at some point!  I inked the stamp with Old Olive, Island Indigo and Night of Navy markers, stamped onto Whisper White CS and die cut the label shape.  I cut a larger label from Island Indigo CS, pierced the pattern around the edge and popped it up on the front of the Night of Navy A6 sized card.  I added the Indigo cotton ribbon - which ties beautifully! - and popped up the sentiment circle element. 


I've featured the I Love Lace background stamp on the inside of the card and on the front of the envelope - I love it, it's gorgeous!  


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Hey There Buds' & 'I Love Lace' stamps, SU! 'Hello There' set
CS: SU! Night of Navy, Island Indigo & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Night of Navy, Island Indigo & Old Olive
Tools: SU! Labels Collection Framelits dies, Paper Piercer, Festive Paper Piercing template pack, 1 3/8" & 1 3/4" circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Island Indigo 1/4" Cotton Ribbon, Dimensionals




 photo RoseRuth.gif
 

1 comment:

Deepti said...

This is beautiful :) I love the color combination!

01 09 10