Monday 14 July 2014

Brick House Sunshine & Smiles Card

My friend Lesley told me about Impression Obsession dies - oh my word, they have some lovely designs!  I just had to have the Brick House die and this is the first card I've made with it.  I die cut the house and extras in thick white CS and embossed the shapes to bring out the detail.  I lightly brayered Antique Linen Distress Ink over the house and also inked the edges of all the shapes with a sponge dauber.  I added patterned paper behind the windows and door and I popped up the roof part and trim, the windows and the door.  I tore Lucky Limeade CS for grass and glued that to a panel of Soft Sky CS.  I stamped the sentiment, punched a circle for the sun and sponged the edges.  To complete the card front I added leafy sprigs, flowers and butterflies. 


Here's a close up view of the house - I love the embossed details!


Here's the inside and the envelope.


Sunshine and smiles is what I'm looking forward to for the next few days.  Owen and I are spending some time away in a holiday cottage in the Blackmoor Vale area of Dorset with our fabulous friends Debbie and Mike.  Roll on peace and quiet (well, some anyway!), stunning views and cream teas with scones, jam and clotted cream!  You can still pop back to visit though as I've scheduled a few blog posts for the time I'm away.  

Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts 'Sending Smiles Messages' clear set 

CS: PaperMania white square card blank, SU! Lucky Limeade, Soft Sky, Daffodil Delight & Rose Red
Patterned paper: Bazzill Basics Vintage Lace 6" x 6" pad
Ink: Ranger Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink, SU! Crushed Curry & Early Espresso
Tools: Impression Obsession 'Brick House' die, Poppystamps 'Leafy Sprig; die, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, Woodware multi flower punch, circle punch, brayer, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: PaperMania tiny gems, SU! Dimensionals



 photo RoseRuth.gif

 


1 comment:

Toni said...

Ruth, this is fab! I love the dimension and such a sweet look.

01 09 10