Wednesday 11 December 2013

Shiny Gold Sleigh Merry Christmas Card

This is the Christmas card that we sent to Owen's sister in Canada.  I just love the rich red and gold combo and the sleigh looks great embossed in gold!  The Cherry Cobbler card base is 5 3/4" square and I layered the Vanilla panel onto a gold mirri CS mat.  I heat embossed the sleigh and sentiment using gold embossing powder.  I added a die cut photo corner, a few punched gold mirri snowflakes and then sprinkled on some red crystals to finish the front. 


I'd just received the beautiful bauble garland stamp via eBay and was itching to try it out so I couldn't resist using it to decorate the inside and the envelope flap!  I've wanted this stamp ever since I saw this lovely card made by Louise and then a few months later I saw this lovely card made by Rocky.  It's been a long wait but I'm so happy to have this gorgeous stamp in my stash now!  Inside I stamped a sentiment and added gold nailheads to some of the baubles.


Supplies:
Stamps: PaperMania 'Sleigh' clear set, SU! 'Greetings of the Season' set, PaperMania 'Christmas Cheer'
CS: SU! Cherry Cobbler & Very Vanilla, gold mirri CS
Ink: SU! Cherry Cobbler, Encore Gold
Tools: MFT Die-Namics Photo Corners die, heat tool, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: SU! gold embossing powder, red Swarovski crystals, gold nailheads


 photo ruthsnowman.gif 


No comments:

01 09 10