Thursday 28 November 2013

Doily & Flower Thank You Card

My crafting and blogging time has been limited just lately and I'm not happy about it, grrr!  Anyway, today I'm sharing a thank you card I made for a friend a few weeks ago.  I started off by making a side opening A6 card base with Natural Composition Specialty DSP - it's lovely and thick, like CS so it's great for card bases and boxes.  I die cut and embossed the Rich Razzleberry scalloped border and added a narrow strip of Old Olive CS.  I die cut the doily and sponged the edges with Rich Razzleberry ink.  I stamped the flower in Crushed Curry ink, punched it out and inked the edges with Razzleberry ink and a sponge dauber.  The flower centre is made of clay - I mixed some Razzleberry ink into a piece of white clay before pressing the clay into the flower mould.   I stamped the leaves onto Old Olive CS, fussy cut them and sponged the edges with Old Olive ink.  The doily, flower and the sentiment circle are all popped up.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I cut a Very Vanilla panel, inked the edges and stamped the sentiment.  I wanted to echo the music notes from the card front - I don't have the SU! Music Notes wheel but I do have the MDS digital stamp.  I printed that out onto Very Vanilla CS, trimmed it to size, sponged the edges and glued it over the top of the Vanilla panel.  Another flower went onto the envelope to finish off.


I gave this card to a friend back in October.  She has not been very well and I took a bunch of flowers round for her a few days ago.  I saw that the card is still out on display - that was so nice to see!

Supplies:
Stamps:  SU! 'Flower Shop', 'Gently Falling', 'Blooming with Kindness' & 'Simply Sketched' sets, SU! 'Music Notes' MDS digital stamp
CS: SU! Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive & Very Vanilla 

Patterned paper:  SU! Natural Composition Specialty DSP
Ink:  SU! Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry & Early Espresso
Tools:  SU! Delicate Doilies Sizzlits L die, Pansy & circle punches, Large Scallop Edgelits die, Delicate Designs embossing folder, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories:  SU! Simply Pressed Clay, Blossoms Simply Pressed Clay mould, Dimensionals


 photo FunkyBfly.gif 


No comments:

01 09 10