Wednesday 18 September 2013

Rosette Only One You Card - Inkspirational Sept CASE Challenge (#38)

This week at Inkspirational we have a CASE challenge - we'd like you to CASE this fab card made by DT member Shauna.

 

The elements I've taken from Shauna's design are the black, white and grey colours, the fancy circle and the mix of patterns - although I haven't been as daring as Shauna on that front!  I've used three different patterned papers but been very conservative - I can never seem to mix patterns that successfully so I played safe!

I die cut the fancy black circle and die cut a circle of grey damask paper to go behind it.  I glued patterned paper strips to the bottom of the 5 1/4" card base and stamped the sentiment.  I made a rosette from black and white patterned paper and placed that in the centre of the circle.  I had a good rootle in my stash to find something to place in the centre of the rosette and I came across some metal flowers that I've had for years!  I added a metal flower and blinged it up with some grey gems.    I added a couple of the gems to the sentiment too.


Some striped and damask paper decorates the inside and the envelope front.


I hope you'll play along with our Inkspirational CASE challenge this week, it's always SO interesting to see how people interpret designs differently!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Vintage Verses' set
CS: PaperMania white square card blank, SU! Basic Black

Patterned paper: SU! Night & Day DSP, Echo Park Style Essentials 'Grey Damask', Doodlebug Beetle Black striped
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: Sizzix fancy circle die from 'For the Record 2, Documented' Thinlits die set, Ranger Tim Holtz 'Paper Rosette' Decorative Strips die, Sizzix circle #2 die, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: metal flower from stash, PaperMania monochrome gems, glue dots


 photo BagSwingRuth.gif 

5 comments:

sandie said...

love the DSP Ruth-it looks great! And the black die really pops and gives a real focal point to your card. Hope you are well x

Marina said...

What a fabulous rosette - love the combination of materials. Marina

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Ruth! I love that designer paper rosette, and the sentiment is so cute. Wonderful CASE!
- Shauna

Mynn xx said...

LOVE it!!! The rosette is amazing and I adore the patterned papers you used--the monochrome is fabulous! HUGS and hope you have a great rest of the week! :)

Pia S said...

I love how you made the rosette flower - it has such a great masculine feel to it with the combination of black, blue and metal!

01 09 10