Thursday 8 August 2013

Caravan Sunshine & Smiles Birthday Card

Most times I try to make sensible decisions about the crafty goodies I buy, weighing things up like how much use am I going to get out of it before deciding to make the purchase.  Most times but not always!  I was at the Glitter Pot a month or so back and I saw this clear stamp set - I just loved two of the images in the set, the caravan and there's a cute image of the front of a VW camper van.  As it was in the sale at just over £3 it went straight into the basket. 

I'm using grey on my cards more nowadays - it's all down to the new SU! Smoky Slate colour - I love it!  It looks fab with Pool Party and I added some Basic Gray here too.  I stamped, paper pieced and fussy cut the caravan and used a silver pen to colour the towing bar, door handles and hub cap.   Next I added fun accents - silver pearls to the wheels and Crystal Effects to the windows.  I tore some grassy paper, inked the edges and glued it to a white panel that I'd sponged with Soft Sky ink.  I sponged yellow inks onto CS and punched out a circle for a sun and glued that on.  I stamped the sentiment and couldn't resist adding the bird!  I layered the panel onto grey mats, glued it to a Pool Party A6 card base and popped up the caravan.  I scored two lines on the right hand side, glued a Basic Grey CS strip between the lines and added silver pearls to complete the card front. 


Here's a close up view of the caravan - I think it's so cute - and I never thought I'd ever say that about a caravan LOL!


Here's the inside and the envelope.  So this set was a total impulse buy - I'm sure I'm not going to get a lot of use out of the set but I don't care 'cos I had SO much fun making this card!  Therapy would cost WAY more and wouldn't be fun at all! 


Supplies:
Stamps:  Personal Impressions 'Bon Voyage' clear set, Hero Arts 'Sending Smiles Messages' clear set, bird from SU! 'Live Your Dream' set, Hobby Art 'Happy Birthday'
CS: SU! Pool Party, Smoky Slate, Basic Grey & Whisper White

Patterned paper:  Doodlebug 'Back Yard'
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Soft Sky, Old Olive, So Saffron, Daffodil Delight & Pumpkin Pie, silver gel pen
Tools: SU! Simply Scored, circle punches, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Crystal Effects, silver pearls, Dimensionals


 photo ruth_catgrin.gif 


1 comment:

Pia S said...

There are so many goodies out there, so I do like you - I think about what I can use, for whom and for when, before I make a buy, but some things are just irresistible even though it doesn't have a clear purpose there and then. But this is a great holiday/summer image, lots of Norwegians have either cabins or caravans and use them especially during the summer season. I think your design really suits this image well. And I like how you made the border of pearls.

01 09 10