Friday 19 July 2013

Bright Butterflies & Flowers Thinking Of You Card

Poor Michelle from the Card Grotto is ill at the moment so I sent her this bright, cheery card.  Michelle, a true CAS queen, designs beautiful, clean and fresh cards with lots of white space.  I know she loves butterflies so I kept all of these things in mind when I made this card for her.

I've used Bermuda Bay CS for the A6 card base - Bermuda Bay has rapidly become a favourite colour for me!  I punched a fancy corner in the white panel and stamped the sentiment.  I die cut the trellis from Crumb Cake CS. The trellis is lovely and delicate and cuts out beautifully but as it's so fine it's a beggar when it comes to applying glue and sticking it down!  I stamped flowery butterflies from the Papillon Potpourri set, punched them out and layered them over butterflies punched from CS.  I used the Beautiful Wings Embosslits die to cut out the Daffodil Delight butterflies.  I then punched flowers, gave them a bit of shaping and layered them together.  To complete the card front I sprinkled some gems onto the flowers and butterflies.


 Here's a closer view of the layered stamped and punched butterflies.


For inside the card I cut a white panel and punched the decorative corner.  I then layer stamped the butterflies and sentiment and added a die cut butterfly and gem.  I stamped, punched and layered a Melon Mambo butterfly for the envelope flap.  It's miserable feeling poorly but when you're battling the heat as well it seems worse I think.  I hope this card brightened Michelle's day a little bit and that she feels better very soon!


Supplies:
Stamps:  SU! 'Papillon Potpourri' & 'Sassy Salutations' sets
CS: SU! Bermuda Bay, Crumb Cake, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo & Daffodil Delight
Tools: Memory Box Trellis Border die, SU! Beautiful Wings Embosslits die, SU! Elegant Butterfly, Bitty Butterfly & Boho Blossoms punches, Woodware flower punch, Fiskars Scallop corner punch
Embellishments & accessories: PaperMania Aqua gems


 photo LPDruthbutter.gif 


4 comments:

Sue - said...

Very pretty card. The trellis is lovely. Try sticking card to an adhesive sheet before die cutting, then peel backing off. Might be a bit less fiddly!

Pia S said...

This is such a beautiful CAS design! I love how you added such cheerful colored butterflies and flowers to the trellis die cut - so classy and definitely a creation that will cheer someone up!

Michelle Short said...

Thank you so much for my beautiful card Ruth, really did out a smile on my face. I am starting to feel a little better now thank you. The card is gorgeous, I love the colours, the trellis and the butterflies are so pretty. Thank you again xx

kelly said...

ooooh such a pretty card!!! love it,
love Kelly and Grace xx

01 09 10