Tuesday 21 May 2013

Wobble Gnome Birthday Card

A few days ago I saw a card at my local craft shop, the Glitter Pot, with a wobble spring gnome on it and I thought it was adorable!  Gnomes would not normally feature on my 'must have' list but I just found the little fella so appealing and irresistible!  The shop have a sale section where they sell items used in classes and demos at fab reduced prices and whaddya know, there he was - so I just had to bring him 'gnome' with me - sorry!

The Real Red card base measures 5 1/4" square.  I stamped my clouds background, stamped the sentiment, added some grassy paper and the die cut fence pieces.  I stamped the gnome onto watercolour paper and used inks and a waterbrush to colour him in.  After fussy cutting him I attached the wobble spring and placed him on the card.  I then inked and stamped just the flowers from the image, coloured them, fussy cut them and popped them up.  Finally, I added three teeny tiny punched butterflies with jewels. 


Here's a short video so you can see the wobble action!


Here's the inside.


I couldn't resist putting a scene on the front of the envelope!  I sponged Bashful Blue ink for sky, added grassy paper, more fence die cuts, a bird and a couple of butterflies.  I punched pink flowers, shaped them, glued them onto the grass and added silver pen dots to the centres.  The flower punch I used punches out the ten flowers all in one go - very handy!   


I had a goofy smile on my face all the time I was making this card!  I will be giving it to my friend Jan at our June card group meeting as it's her birthday that day.  I think that she will get a kick out of this fun and cute card!  I can see that gnome getting lots of wobble action that day from my card group ladies LOL!

I have one more thing to add - boo, hiss Ikea - say YES to gnomes!

Supplies:
Stamps: Woodware 'A Little Gnome', Hero Arts 'Clouds' background stamp, SU! 'Happiest Birthday Wishes' & 'Wacky Wishes' sets
CS: SU! Real Red, Pacific Point, Melon Mambo, Basic Black & Whisper White, watercolour paper

Patterned paper:  Doodlebug Back Yard
Ink: SU! Bashful Blue, Blush Blossom, Pretty in Pink, Real Red, Pacific Point, Melon Mambo,
Lucky Limeade, Cajun Craze, Basic Black & Sahara Sand, VersaFine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black, Sakura silver pen
Tools: Sizzix Picket Fence Sizzlits die, Martha Stewart multi butterfly punch, Poppystamps Nestled Bird die, Woodware Lilac Blossom punch, waterbrush, sponge
Embellishments & accessories: Action Wobble Spring, SU! Rhinestone Jewels & Dimensionals



 photo ruthpinkhearts.gif

4 comments:

Mynn xx said...

Oh my gosh SOOO cute!!! Love your amazing coloring of that little guy and the scene you created is absolutely fabulous! Love it! :)

Michelle Short said...

Great card Ruth! Love the little scene you have made xx

Pia S said...

This gnome is SO cute and I love the way he can wobble too! So fun! Great colorful design, and what a beautiful, matching envelope!

Jacqueline said...

I LOVE THIS - he is so cute. I have played that video over and over - makes me laugh so much! Jacqueline xx

01 09 10