Wednesday 1 May 2013

Summer Silhouettes Warmest Wishes Birthday Card - Inkpirational Challenge #18

It's a new month so we're starting our challenge rotation all over again at Inkspirational which means  we're kicking May off with a colour combo challenge.


Tammy from Creatively Me is our sponsor for May and here is the fab prize that's she's very kindly giving away to our May monthly winner.


I have to be honest and say I didn't really fancy the colours together when I first saw the challenge prompt picture but as I worked on the card I realised what a striking combo it makes! I've used the SU! colours Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive and Peach Parfait with Very Vanilla as a neutral.  I dug out the Peach Parfait paper that came from the SU! Everyday Enchantment pack and glued that to the front of my 5 3/4" square Old Olive card base.  I stamped the leaves, flowers and sentiment onto a Very Vanilla panel and layered onto Peach and Eggplant mats.  I punched the butterflies and fixed them together with a brad that matches the patterned paper and attached the butterfly element to a strip of Eggplant ribbon.  I taped a strip of the ribbon to the bottom part of the card and added a bow to complete the card front.


Here's the inside and envelope.


The other DT members will have made great creations to inspire you so please check them out before joining in with this colour combo challenge - I can't wait to see what you make!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Summer Silhouettes' & 'Blooming with Kindness' sets, inside sentiment from Penny Black
CS: SU! Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive, Peach Parfait & Very Vanilla

Patterned paper:  SU! Everyday Enchantment DSP
Ink: SU! Elegant Eggplant & Old Olive
Tools: SU! Elegant Butterfly & Bitty Butterfly punches, piercing tool, Perfect Layers, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Elegant Eggplant grosgrain ribbon, Everyday Enchantment brad


 photo CardBflyRuth.gif

4 comments:

sandie said...

This background paper is a great mix with the stamps. I love the corner of flowers and the little brad is a perfect centre for the butterfly x

Mynn xx said...

This is absolutely stunning, Ruth! LOVE this set--I need to use it more--and I LOVE the brad in the middle of the butterfly! I think those patterned brads are the perfect butterfly centers. :) HUGS and hope your week is going well! :)

PS: Sorry that the DT call at HOC didn't post--it's up now. I was having issues with my browser but now I'm using Chrome and hope that this takes care of the problems! :)

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful Ruth! It looks like those colors were made for you to use! I really like the stamped leaves/flowers on the focal piece. Great job!
- Shauna

Marina said...

What perfect stamping! |Love how you've used the Inkspirational colours. Marina

01 09 10