Tuesday 28 May 2013

Hearts & Lips Thank You Card For Hubby

This is a thank you card I made for hubby after he'd ran a few errands for me and helped out while I was busy prepping for a card class.  In the afternoon I went to the local craft shop, the Glitter Pot,  with my friend Jan as they were holding a demonstration weekend.  I saw a fence die that I really liked but it was too pricey for my liking.  It turns out Jan bought the die ages ago and had never used it so she very sweetly said I could have it.  Of course, us crafters want it and we want it NOW so that meant another errand for Owen after I'd got home!  He happily went to collect the die from Jan so I thought a thank you card was in order at the very least!

While at the craft shop I made a beeline for the ex class and demo sale section and I picked up the Hero Arts 'Write Your Own' cling stamp for a bargain price.  I really like that it looks like notepaper so I tried to play up the stationery feel for the card.  I made a Basic Gray A6 size card.  I stamped the image in grey ink onto white CS, trimmed it to size and punched the top edge with a spiral binding punch.  I used markers to colour the scalloped portion and added black taffeta ribbon.  I stamped the lips and sentiment, punched a large plain red CS heart and some smaller glitter CS hearts.  I glued three hearts together, attached them to the notepaper with a crafty paper clip and popped the small hearts up.  I popped up the whole panel, added the scalloped border and rounded two corners of the card.


Here's the inside and the envelope.  I'm happy to say Owen loved the card!


Yesterday we went out with friends for a picnic and enjoyed clear blue skies and sunshine - today it has rained non stop so far - what a miserable change!  Ideal crafting weather though!

Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts 'Write Your Own',  SU! 'S.W.A.K.' stamp & 'Curly Cute' set
CS: SU! Basic Gray, Real Red, Basic Black & Whisper White, Red & Silver Glimmer Paper
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Real Red & Basic Gray, Blender Pen

Tools: SU! 'Spiral Binding', 'Full Heart' & 'Heart to Heart' punches, Scallop Border punch, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Basic Black taffeta ribbon, SU! Clips Assortment, Dimensionals


 photo RainRuth.gif

3 comments:

Pia S said...

My wish list grows longer for each day - I just added the spiral binding punch to it - lol. This is such a cool design - love the colors you've used, I'm sure your hubby was glad to receive this one. And btw, he sounds like a great guy:)

sandie said...

Owen sounds like a real gem and I bet he loved his kiss with these gorgeous red lips!

Mynn xx said...

What a sweet hubby! Mine's like that, too! I LOVE this card and I'm glad he did too--it's amazing! I think I need to give my hubby more cards. Thanks for the reminder, Ruth!!! :)

01 09 10