Thursday 18 April 2013

Dress & Honeycomb 'Just For You' Card

I often leaf through my SU! catalogues and highlight card designs that I'd like to CASE - I don't always get round to actually making the cards though!  I love the 'I'm here for you' card on page 39 of the Spring/Summer catty - the aperture and honeycomb embossing really appealed to me.  I thought I'd make a version with - yes, a dress!  You know I love the Dress Up dies to the point of addiction!

I rummaged in my paper stash to find a suitable pattern for a dress and settled on a design from the Festival of Prints stack.  I die cut the dress and then made a matching cardie, adding teeny pearl details for a touch of luxury.  Then it was onto making the card.  The card base is Lucky Limeade and I glued a Marina Mist panel to the card front.  I embossed Very Vanilla CS with the honeycomb folder and also embossed some patterned paper pieces - that makes cutting out the paper hexagons easier!  I would love a hexagon punch to match this folder, that would be easier still!  I added Island Indigo patterned paper at the bottom, a Limeade CS strip and glued a few patterned paper hexagons to the honeycomb.  I then die cut the label aperture, popped up the panel, popped up the dress and added the sentiment label. 


Here's the inside and the envelope front with just some simple Island Indigo stamping.  I used the gorgeous flourish stamp from the Elements of Style set as that matches the green and vanilla patterned paper I used on the front.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Just Believe' & 'Elements of Style' sets
CS: SU! Lucky Limeade, Marina Mist & Very Vanilla

Patterned paper:  SU! Festival of Prints DSP stack
Ink: SU! Lucky Limeade & Island Indigo
Tools: SU! Dress Up Framelits dies, Labels Collection Framelits die, Honeycomb embossing folder, Word Window punch
Embellishments & accessories: pearl jewels, Dimensionals


 photo SparkleHeartRuth.gif

1 comment:

sandie said...

Oh the dress is beautiful and great how you have matched some of the honeycomb to the dress pattern. Hope you are well x

01 09 10