Wednesday 13 March 2013

Denim Jeans Pocket Birthday Card

My friend Kath asked me to make a birthday card for her to give to her son David.  My jeans pocket stamp was still out in my craft room after being used at card group so I thought I'd use that.  I've always used red when I make a jeans pocket card 'cos I always stamp the little tab at the side on red CS.  This time I decided to banish the red and use different colours.  I went for Marina Mist, Basic Black and Crumb Cake.

I stamped the pocket onto a piece of lightweight denim and adhered it to a piece of CS with double sided sticky sheet.  I made a Marina Mist 5 3/4" square card base, printed the sentiment onto Crumb Cake CS using the Maiden Orange font and cut it out with a Fishtail Flag die.  I added the black strip to a 5 3/4" square Marina Mist card base and tucked the sentiment flag underneath the strip.  I cut my square layers with Nestie dies, cut out the pocket, adhered the stamped Crumb Cake tab, added metal brads and popped the pocket up.  I stamped a black button onto Crumb Cake CS, punched it out, stacked it onto a few more punched circles to give a bit of dimension and glued that to the sentiment flag to finish the front.


I used the same font to print out a sentiment for inside the card, used circle Nestie dies to mat and layer that and popped up a smaller stamped denim pocket. I simply layered a button onto circles for the envelope flap.  I am very happy to say that Kath was really pleased with the card - I hope David likes it too!


Supplies:
Stamps: Stampendous 'Jeans Pocket', SU! 'Button Button' set, smaller pocket from Personal Impressions
CS: SU! Marina Mist, Basic Black, Crumb Cake & Whisper White

Patterned paper:  SU! 'Groom' specialty DSP
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black
Tools: Square & circle Nestabilities dies, MFT Fishtail Flags Stax die, circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: lightweight denim fabric from an old shirt, metal brads, 3D foam tape


 photo squirrelruth.gif

No comments:

01 09 10