Wednesday 13 February 2013

Valentine Card For Hubby

This is the Valentine card I'll be giving to my hubby Owen.  I CASEd this fabulous card made by Louise.  I loved the use of the flocked acetate strip!  Many thanks Louise for the wonderful inspiration!

I very often make Owen's Valentine and anniversary cards red and black with white or vanilla but I really wanted to do something different.  So I opted to combine red with white and dark blue, quite crisp and a good masculine feel I think!  The card base is 5 3/4" square and was made with Midnight Muse CS.  I cut the front apart and inserted the flocked acetate strip which I adhered with thin DST and then I covered the edges with strips of Real Red CS so that no adhesive is visible.  I cut a white panel and glued that inside the card.  I added the white ribbon, stamped the flourishy heart in Real Red ink, fussy cut that out and popped it up.  I added a couple of small punched hearts to the stamped heart and added rhinestones.  I stamped the sentiment, cut it out with a label die and added a rhinestone at each end to finish the card front.


Here's the inside with the utterly beautiful 'happy Valentine's day' sentiment from the SU! You Are Loved set and some more blinged punched hearts.


Here's the envelope flap with the 'Love' label, also from the You Are Loved set.  I stamped twice, once with Midnight Muse ink and again with Real Red ink and I cut out the red image with an oval punch and layered it over the top.  I then cut the whole label out with the Decorative Label punch.  I'm happy how this turned out and I hope Owen will be happy too!



Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts 'Hugs 'n Hearts'  clear set, PSX 'with love', SU! You Are Loved set
CS: SU! Midnight Muse, Real Red & Whisper White

Patterned paper:  Flocked acetate from SU! Candlelight DSP pack
Ink: SU! Midnight Muse & Real Red
Tools: SU! Heart to Heart, plain oval & Decorative Label punches, Spellbinder's Labels Trio die
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Whisper White organdy ribbon, Jewel Rhinestones, 3D foam tape


 photo ruthschubbycat.gif

3 comments:

sandie said...

Ruth, hubby I going to adore this! So much beautiful detail, he will swoon!

Autumn Mist said...

This is gorgeous, your husband will love it. I just wondered if you had an email address where I can contact you? thanks Jane

Jacqueline said...

The blue and red are a perfect combination Ruth and the acetate looks fab - Jacqueline xx

01 09 10